FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Chevrolet Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Chevrolet Forum, we have forums for each Chevrolet Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

ABS + TC and more illuminted on the dash.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Victor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by A-Man A-Man wrote:

I have an appointment next Wednesday, it will cost me up to 3000 SEK about 300 euro just to find out whats wrong. I have very hard to belive that both ABS module and Steering angle sensor is faulty.
It’s probably your best way. With the proper diagnostic equipment the garage will scan the various modules (eg the EBCM and the Body Control Module) for any historical fault codes logged. Any historical fault codes in the modules will need to be cleared otherwise they will keep re-appearing on your hand-held EOBD scan tool.
2015 Antara 2.2 Manual 6 spd box
Sponsored Links

A-Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 9:24pm
I already scanned and cleared the codes, but they come back instantly.
Chevrolet Captiva 3.2 2007
Victor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 10:27pm
Deleting the fault codes with your hand-held scan tool does not delete them at module level.
From my post: Any historical fault codes in the modules will need to be cleared otherwise they will keep re-appearing on your hand-held EOBD scan tool.

2015 Antara 2.2 Manual 6 spd box
A-Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 8:27am
What do you  mean by "scan tool does not delete them at module level."?
Erasing the codes delete all of them, active, pending and historical.

The codes re-appear because the fault still exists, the codes will always come back if the cause of the codes is not solved.

Whats so good with the ABS system is that if you replace a faulty abs sensor, the abs light will  turn it self of ones wheel get in to motion.

Edited by A-Man - 10 May 2018 at 8:42am
A-Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 2:53pm
If i only could get the panel of wish is above the feet then i could check the connection to the steering angle sensor to ensure that it has a good connection.
Maybe the cover round the steering column must be removed first?
A-Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 6:00pm
How do i remove the panel above feet, anyone?
Im trying to reach steering angle sensor connector.

Edited by A-Man - 12 May 2018 at 6:01pm
Aussie Ed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 8:03pm
I've been through page after page of body trim removal data but that is the only item I cant find.
Steering column, radio, gearbox, instrument cluster ..... but not the lower drivers side knee trim.
They do show some kind of metal plate behind (called knee bolster) but not instructions or diagram of the outer trim.  Sorry, did try.

Captiva Series II Auto diesel 2.2 litre LTZ White Pearl 61 plate 2012. Full Service history. 28,0000 miles as at Dec 2017
A-Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 6:08pm

An update took it to the chevrolet deal today.
Left the car in with the information that abs tc and steering angle is illuminated on the dash, did not inform them that i replaced the sensor.

And of course they called me in less then an hour saying that the sensor must be replaced.
I realized they only checked the code and not the sensor itself or anything else.
told them that i already replaced it but told them to do so if they where sure that its the problem.

They called me back in 3 hours, "Hi good that you told us that you replaced it it was a bad cable above the sensor"
So they are going to replace the cable harness.
I assume  it this one.

They grey connector is for the wheels, i wonder where the black connector is attached, if the must dismount alot of stuff in the trunk, or if its located inside the wheel housing.

Edited by A-Man - 16 May 2018 at 6:34pm
Aussie Ed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 8:47pm
Defective cable, vibration breaks, corroded connectors and the like are I think a primary cause of many an (erroneous)  diagnostic code reading. The problem is that the codes shown relate to the senor or component the cable services. A good example of this is the recently diagnosed turbo failure (different post) yet full testing of the turbo gets a clean bill of health.  All along it is probably just the cable or a connector. How many people pay for a new part when all it is is the cable/connector ! 
Captiva Series II Auto diesel 2.2 litre LTZ White Pearl 61 plate 2012. Full Service history. 28,0000 miles as at Dec 2017
A-Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 5:51am
That my point, they should scan the codes but also perform a trouble shooting not just replacing parts.
If i never told them that i replaced the sensor, they would have done so i the problem still would remain, but bill me anyway.
Just to perform a new troubleshooting to find out that the wiring is bad, and bill me again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic