FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Chevrolet Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Chevrolet Forum, we have forums for each Chevrolet Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

abs tc hill descent

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Victor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Aussie Ed Aussie Ed wrote:

Quote Victor]
Got you to reply anyway so who is knob now? You Censored

Victor,  I'm not intune with your line of reply here.  I am sensing you are bordering on the offensive.

I certainly dont understand where the somewhat 'garbled' additional description comes from.[/QUOTE]

Ed, the OP called you and I knobs for some comments we made so I replied in kind yet you tell me that I am bordering on the offensive? He went back and edited the post but two can play at that game.

The rest of my response was a light hearted way of drawing attention to some of the undecipherable posts that appear on here and other message boards.  

2015 Antara 2.2 Manual 6 spd box
Sponsored Links

captive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 11:04am
Hello Dicky

Your problem may be due to what I have - a sticking abs pump motor. Try feeding a pipe or something like that down to the top of the abs module which is found on mine at the lower right hand side when standing at the front of the car. You should be able to get your pipe or rod to the top of the aluminium block (shown on the exploded view already in this thread) and give it a thump. Try doing this before turning on the ignition. Turn on the ignition and hopefully you will see a change in the lights you have on the dashboard. If not try again, it could take a few attempts. If this is successful you may just end up with the ABS light on only, I had to clear this with my code reader but to clear this manually I think the vehicle just needs to be moved to get feedback from the wheel sensors. I think what your problem is is that the motor is not turning, there should be an initial kicking in of the motor when the ignition is turned on. See how this goes and feed back in to the forum. If your system appears good on all other fronts like wheel sensors etc then this is definitely worth a try. It could confirm that the motor is sometimes not working just the same as mine.
See the link in the forum already which give more info posted 9th Feb 2018 http://www.chevroletownersclub.co.uk/forum/fixing-awd-warning-lampescx3-abs-lights_topic6092.html#.WtRvw9QrKt8
Cheers
Graham
dicky69 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dicky69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 7:19pm
Finally got rid it's now gone thanks for hints and tips worse car I ever had gone back to a mondeo titanium bye

Edited by dicky69 - 16 Apr 2018 at 9:18pm
dicky69 2010 captiva lt 2.0 diesel manual

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic