FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Chevrolet Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Chevrolet Forum, we have forums for each Chevrolet Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Lacetti 1.4, 2008, headlights problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
M119 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lacetti 1.4, 2008, headlights problem
    Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 8:31pm
Hi all.

I have a problem with headlight on my lacetti. 
When i turn the lights on (on the switch), left light works OK, but the right light work with approximatelly 10% power. I replaced the bulb, it worked fine for a few days. After that, problem re-occured.

Sometimes, after i quickly turn on high beam on the switch, left and right lights works normally. Is there a headlight reley i could check?

Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links

Aussie Ed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 9:35pm
Check the earth connection for the dim right lamp. Could be poor current if a corroded earth connection.
You may have temporarily altered the position of wiring when changing the lamp.  Run a temporary wire to double check. Dont rule out a new lamp failing either !

Travel today - tomorrow the wheels may fall off! (Captiva Series II Auto diesel 2.2 litre LTZ White Pearl 61 plate 2012)
M119 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 8:01am
Thank you for quick answer. I also suspect it is about weak connection somewhere. 

Today i got the new moment: high beam for right headlight doesnot work either. 

I will try to check wires and physical connections and also replace the bulb. And post the result here, of course.
M119 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 12:40pm
Yesterday i opened headlight housing, put the bulb out and replace left with right bulb. The result was still the same! Left headlight works fine, while right works really poor. I measured voltage on both connectors and voltage is equal - 12.3V. I also checked fuse and reley under the hood. As i could see, everything looks just fine.
Finally, i put the bulbs back, tried once again and suddenly, both headlights worked fine?!
Today in the morning, when i turn on headlights(low beam), right headlight worked fine while left worked poorly(opposite siutation i had earlier). I quickly turned on/off high beam and then both bulbs worked fine.

Anybody have any suggestions?
M119 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 12:10pm
Yesterday i checked connections on baterry, with focus on minus pole.
Everything seemed fine to me, but i doublechecked it anyway.
M119 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:37pm
I solved the issue.
The problem was weak earth connection on both left and right headlight.

Aussie Ed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 10:12am
I did suggest that you check and run a temporary earth lead on the headlamp on 8th October.
Headlamp issues are often related to corrosion in the bulb socket or poor earth when the ingress of rain at the front corrodes the earthing point. 

Travel today - tomorrow the wheels may fall off! (Captiva Series II Auto diesel 2.2 litre LTZ White Pearl 61 plate 2012)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic