FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Chevrolet Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Chevrolet Forum, we have forums for each Chevrolet Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Lacetti switches

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
neilo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lacetti switches
    Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 8:56pm
Hi just got a Lecetti and the heated rear screen,A/C ,recirculating air switches on the dash do not work (none illuminate)I've seen other posts about this is there an answer to this problem.
Thanks in advance Neil
Sponsored Links

Aussie Ed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 10:03pm
If none of them work then maybe the appropriate fuse or relay has failed. Try that first and report back.

You dont tell us the year / variant of your vehicle , nor where you are located. This info can be useful.

Edited by Aussie Ed - 31 Mar 2018 at 10:05pm
Captiva Series II Auto diesel 2.2 litre LTZ White Pearl 61 plate 2012. Full Service history. 28,0000 miles as at Dec 2017
neilo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 10:36pm
Hi ed I get the car on Monday ,it's a 2008 1.6 SX Lacetti based in Northampton.is there a control module that operates these functions or do they run separately,what will Could I expect to find when the trim panal is removed.
Neil

Edited by neilo - 31 Mar 2018 at 10:39pm
Aussie Ed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 10:50am
Neil,  other than guiding you to check the fuses/relay I really cant help. I havent and dont own a Lacetti and unfortunately my stored database doesnt include this model so I cant look up wiring diagrams or any other data.  Best I can offer is that you read through your Handbook for fuse locations applicable. 
If you dont have an owners manual they are available on the internet. 
Possibly a knowledgeable Lacetti owner may read your post and offer some solution.

If you put your vehicle details in your footer (like mine below) they will automatically appear under your future posts to assist readers.     
Captiva Series II Auto diesel 2.2 litre LTZ White Pearl 61 plate 2012. Full Service history. 28,0000 miles as at Dec 2017
Metro1000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metro1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 11:53am
Neilo,
 Like Ed, I don't have experience with the Lacetti. However, his advice is sound, check all the fuses first.
 I cannot help but notice that the Lacetti has a row of knobs (heat level, air direction, fan) and switches (A/C, recirc, HRS) that are suspiciously similar to the Aveo. In fact it looks as though this bank of controls was lifted directly from an LHD Aveo, and dropped in the RHD Lacetti.
 What's the relevance of this?
Well, these switches do have a reputation for being a bit crap. One of my  posts actually asks for help with mis-functioning A/C . After reading how poor these switches are, I disconnected them, wiggled the connectors, and function was restored. Same goes for the light bulbs that live in this area.
 If the Lacetti was my car, I would:

(1) Watch this video, it deals with the panel removal (ignore the radio stuff).

(Take pictures of how the knob cables are connected and then disconnect them).
(2) Get the panel out of the car and spray all the connectors and switches with contact cleaner.
(3) Remove the light bulbs and test them.
(4) Use a multimeter to test the function of the actual switches.
(5) Reconnect and wiggle at the same time. Turn car on and wiggle more.
(6) Remember that the A/C and the light, will not function unless the fan is at 1 or above.

Good luck, and please put the spec in the footer. I have no idea if you have the version I have described, or the one with the digital temperature display.

Edited by Metro1000 - 01 Apr 2018 at 11:56am
2011 Chevy Aveo T250 (made 09) 1.2S A/C "Poverty+" Model.LPG converted 2015. 80k and counting...
2008 Peugeot 407SW GT 2.2HDi.
2016 Peugeot 508 2.0 BlueHDi GT-line.
1982 Austin Metro City (Sleeping)
Aussie Ed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 3:10pm
Good constructive contribution Metro1000.    Hopefully there may be a solution from this.

neilo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 5:28pm
Thanks to Metro 1000/Aussie Ed for your constructive comments I will act on the recommendations and report back.
Neil
Aussie Ed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 6:24pm
Neil, Generally between various members 'heads' we try and resolve as many posts as we can.
The sad thing is a huge number of forum members dont post the outcome (we simply dont hear from them again) so we never know for sure if our solutions worked.  We have to assume possibly they did otherwise we would have had more 'no that didnt work' posts.
We would like you to post the outcome - good or bad, for our learning curve.

Just a tip: if you enter your vehicle details in your 'footer' (like mine below) on your future posts your vehicle will always be identifiable to Forum readers which assists in the replies.

neilo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 6:09pm
Hi a sort of update we got the car today so had a go at the switch problem,all the fuses and relays work,strangely the A/C switch lights up before you start the car (with the fan in position 1) when you start the car the light goes really dim as if it's not on ,the other 2 switches are not working (illuminating) the heated rear screen does not click in and hold,trying to get the panal off is a real game got it so far and then stopped due fear off snapping,looked at more you tube videos so I will have another go now I have more ideas.
Neil
manxdavid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manxdavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 1:22pm
As in the last post on this subject I found that mine worked when I held the wiring plug over to one side, showing that there must've been an internal break somewhere in the switch unit. I used a small nylon cable zip tie to permanently hold the plug over to the 'working' side, sorted!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic