FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Chevrolet Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Chevrolet Forum, we have forums for each Chevrolet Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Radio and Screen Doesn't work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kashh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kashh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Radio and Screen Doesn't work
    Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 12:39pm
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and posting this this for the first time. I have browsed all topics posted under Orlando but couldn't find any relevant information for the issues I have got.

Strangely my Infotainment system doesn't work (which includes radio, Aux, screen / navigation, speakers / sounds). Also side signal bips/tic (indicator sounds) and rear sensor doesn't work.

It started lately when big freeze (the beast from the east) struck UK. It didn't worked for around 2 weeks. I have tried and looked online but couldn't figure out issues. 
Things I checked:
- Checked specific fuse for infotainment system. Fuse was fine but still replaced with new fuse.
- Checked battery voltage. 
- Open radio by removing dashboard / heater vents to check connection, everything was fine.
I have given up after 3 - 4 days of trying diff things. 
Was worried of taking it to garage as they might charge me a lot for simple fix! (which I am not aware). 

Strangely without doing anything, it started working last week Thursday and it was working fine till date; but this morning it stopped working again. I am trying to figure out situation when it stopped / start working. And I guess its Cold / freezing temperature out side. 

Did anyone have seen similar issues? Could someone help here, what is the best way to fix this? or what could be the potential reason for this?

Many Thanks!

Sponsored Links

kashh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kashh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by kashh kashh wrote:

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and posting this this for the first time. I have browsed all topics posted under Orlando but couldn't find any relevant information for the issues I have got.

Strangely my Infotainment system doesn't work (which includes radio, Aux, screen / navigation, speakers / sounds). Also side signal bips/tic (indicator sounds) and rear sensor doesn't work.

It started lately when big freeze (the beast from the east) struck UK. It didn't worked for around 2 weeks. I have tried and looked online but couldn't figure out issues. 
Things I checked:
- Checked specific fuse for infotainment system. Fuse was fine but still replaced with new fuse.
- Checked battery voltage. 
- Open radio by removing dashboard / heater vents to check connection, everything was fine.
I have given up after 3 - 4 days of trying diff things. 
Was worried of taking it to garage as they might charge me a lot for simple fix! (which I am not aware). 

Strangely without doing anything, it started working last week Thursday and it was working fine till date; but this morning it stopped working again. I am trying to figure out situation when it stopped / start working. And I guess its Cold / freezing temperature out side. 

Did anyone have seen similar issues? Could someone help here, what is the best way to fix this? or what could be the potential reason for this?

Many Thanks!

Sorry, forgot to mention.. my car is:  Chevrolet Orlando Manual, 2.0L Diesel, LTZ model. Thanks.

Aussie Ed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 8:43pm
Kashh,  Your multimedia system seems to have 'failed' for the opposite reason to those on the Captiva forum where you will find lots and lots of debate on this subject.
Mine failed due to overheating. The cpu's shut down to self protect if they get too hot. Yours seems to be opposite reason. I am not sure if the multimedia unit is the same in the Orlando as the Captiva or not.    Have a look through the Captiva forum using the search tab and have a read it may assist you.

Tip re your vehicle details: if you put them in your footer they will automatically appear under your posts in future which helps forum readers identify the vehicle in question.   (see my footer below as example).
 Also helpful if you indicate the year!    

Edited by Aussie Ed - 13 Mar 2018 at 8:44pm
Captiva Series II Auto diesel 2.2 litre LTZ White Pearl 61 plate 2012. Full Service history. 30,0000 miles as at June 2018
kashh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kashh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 4:56pm
Thanks @Aussie Ed. Will look into Captiva forum too.

Can understand that CPU would shutdown if its too hot or cold. But this is really strange as its still not working since last 4 days. And temperature is not that extreme. And yes thanks for the footer tip!.. :)
Chevrolet Orlando (Grey) 2011 - Manual, 2.0L Diesel, LTZ
Arlanza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arlanza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 12:53pm
Had the same. Radio replaced, it's cheap on Ebay fits from Insignia but check fuses first. A second hand radio needs VIN change/reprogramming otherwise won't work (locked).  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic