FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Chevrolet Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Chevrolet Forum, we have forums for each Chevrolet Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Reverse....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gilly1919 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gilly1919 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reverse....
    Posted: 15 May 2018 at 7:27pm
So just a quick one.... My car goes in reverse no problem but I’m not getting the audible noise which in turn doesn’t activate the rear reverse lights??? Is there an electrical module or wire or something like that, that will activate the bing bings an the lights?.... I can get it once in about 10 attempts where it all goes normal...

Thanks in advance
10 plate Captiva Ltx... Manual 2litre Diesel
Sponsored Links

Aussie Ed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 7:35pm
Check the reversing switch - might be sticking. Or defective / corroded terminal connector.
And of course check the fuse in case it has slightly corroded contacts.

edit:  I've just found same problem mentioned on a GM Aveo (different forum) and the cause was sticking reverse switch.  Sprayed with WD 40 problem solved. Try that first.

Edited by Aussie Ed - 15 May 2018 at 7:59pm
Captiva Series II Auto diesel 2.2 litre LTZ White Pearl 61 plate 2012. Full Service history. 28,0000 miles as at Dec 2017
spyder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 7:47pm
I had my rear window washer pipe pop off in the rear quarter window the other day.I popped the plastic covers off and the water was leaking onto the electrical gubbins behind the rear wheel arch, on being the reversing sensors. 
Captiva 2010 Series 1 2.0 VCDI LT

Gilly1919 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gilly1919 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 7:46am
Thanks for replays... Where is the reverse switch located? Sorry if that sounds a bit dumb lol
Aussie Ed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 9:30am
It's on the gearbox housing.   You'll often find answers to questions like this by using the 'search' tab.
Victor posted this in March 2017  " Another thing would be the reverse light switch on the gearbox, the switch may be faulty or the wiring connector loose or contaminated with oil / water".

Captiva Series II Auto diesel 2.2 litre LTZ White Pearl 61 plate 2012. Full Service history. 28,0000 miles as at Dec 2017
Gilly1919 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gilly1919 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 9:51am
👍🏼
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic