FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Chevrolet Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Chevrolet Forum, we have forums for each Chevrolet Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Spare Wheel Spark 1.0 LS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Buster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spare Wheel Spark 1.0 LS
    Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 1:22pm
Hi everyone,
Does anyone know where I can buy a spare wheel (13 inch steel wheel) from for my
2013 (63 plate) Chevrolet Spark 1.0 LS 5 door Hatchback (non air conditioned).
The tyre size on all the tyres are: 155/80/R13 79T
I currently have the tyre puncture kit (sealant) but want a spare tyre in case of a puncture.
Many thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links

mdb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 9:45am
Buster....do you have space for a normal sized wheel with tyre?
(former) Captiva LT Series 2 Auto Diesel Jan 2012.

.....accept that somedays you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue.
Buster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 6:19pm
Hi mdb,
Thanks for your reply.
In the boot under the cardboard cover there is a polystyrene molded circle with nothing in it.  On top of  this there is a further polystyrene square with the sealant, compressor, towing eye and screwdriver in their respective compartments.
I have got a photograph of the area but don't know how to load it on to this reply.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Kind Regards
Buster
Little John View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Little John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 4:44pm
I bought a spare wheel from a breaker.
2010 Spark+ now with proper spare wheel!
Aussie Ed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 9:43am
Buster, there are wheels by the hundreds on eBay and other sites.  
What you need to remember is that sellers usually only list the vehicle the wheel came off of, forgetting that will suit other vehicles as well.
The Spark should have studs at 4 x 100 with 56.6 centre bore and 45 offset   (all in mm)

Providing you look for a wheel that will fit you can then mount suitable tyre.

Bit more info now I've got time. 

Using the website info above you'll find that the wheels on Corsa C, The Vectra A & Vectra B have a 49mm offset (4mm more than you need) but you cant go below 45.
The wheels on Audi A2 and Seat Ibiza might suit also because they have 4 x 100 studs with just a fractionally larger centre bore of 57.1 (+0.7mm) 

You can also consider a 4 x 100 wheel with 155/70/14 tyre because this is within 2.8 mm of original ride height.  Or, 4 x 100 wheel with tyre 125/80/15 because this is within 1.4mm of original ride height; making sure the offset & bore are suitable of course .

Use this web link to cross reference sizes :-
 http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=155&aspect=80&diameter=13&wheelwidth=&offset=&width2=155&aspect2=70&wheel_size=14&wheel_width=&offset2= 

Good luck with your search.

Edited by Aussie Ed - 11 Apr 2017 at 7:39pm
Travel today - tomorrow the wheels may fall off! (Captiva Series II Auto diesel 2.2 litre LTZ White Pearl 61 plate 2012)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic