Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Holden Captiva 2.0L Turbo Diesel
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
Not all the time, maybe once a fortnight or a week... my engine light comes on.
I did a code check and comes up as P0341 - Camshaft Position Sensor 'A' circuit range/performance bank 1 or single sensor is given.

I can clear it and it wont come back straight away. As I said, could be days or even a few weeks until it shows but as its going to be inspected to be registered here in Australia, I dont need a engine light showing lol

Just wondering where I would find this Camshaft Position Sensor on these 2.0l models? Would it necessarily be the issue?

Cheers.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,463 Posts
There is a previous post which mentions P0341 (along with others) on a Series 1 model, but there was limited discussion and no conclusive outcome solution was ever stated. Maybe worth checking the sensor and its connections.

·
Registered
902 Posts
The cam sensor is located on the top of the camshaft cover - item 56 on pic.
Check your timing belt tensioner as well

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The cam sensor is located on the top of the camshaft cover - item 56 on pic.
Check your timing belt tensioner as well
The whole timing belt was replaced by the dealer here in Australia not that long ago and isnt due for another 60,000kms so dont think tensioner would be issue.

ill suss if there is any issues with the camshaft position sensor otherwise ill just get my mechanic to have a suss

Just trying to save some $$ here

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a previous post which mentions P0341 (along with others) on a Series 1 model, but there was limited discussion and no conclusive outcome solution was ever stated. Maybe worth checking the sensor and its connections.
Cheers
Im only getting thrown 1 code only and thats random times, 2 weeks later maybe or even 3 so cant be too serious yet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts