Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, wondering if anyone can help me on a couple of things.Does anyone know what engine is used in the new captiva 2.2vcdi? Chevrolet say it's a GM motor but I didn't think GM made diesel engines. The only people that I know that make a 2231cc diesel is toyota.
Also does anyone know what ECU is used?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
997 Posts
It's the same engine as the Hyundai Santa Fe. The previousCaptivahad anItalianVM engine and Isuspectthis is a development of the same engine. Having said that, some of the transmission components on the Captiva haveToyotaroots too, so whoknows? Electronics tend to be bosch.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes, the diesel in the Toyota RAV4 has the same bore, stroke & capacity (86mm, 96mm, 2231cc).
Sounds plausible.

Edited by: Gaston

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bigiainw said:
It's the same engine as the Hyundai Santa Fe. The previousCaptivahad anItalianVM engine and Isuspectthis is a development of the same engine. Having said that, some of the transmission components on the Captiva haveToyotaroots too, so whoknows? Electronics tend to be bosch.
<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

The engine in the hyundai is a 2199cc displacement not 2231cc so not quite the same.

·
Registered
476 Posts
can still be the same engine just a different stroke. had a datsun the model had three engine varients 1.4 1.6 and 1.8 all same engine just different con rods and crank.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Different manufacturers using the same engines can use the tolerances to add up differently to give the impressions that they are different, when in fact they are exactly the same. The previous 2.0d was shared with the previous Santa Fe and other Hyundai models too.
Edited by: bigiainw

1 - 6 of 6 Posts