Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do you remove the throttle body from a 2012 2.2 diesal captiva series 2 its half way down the back of the engine

·
Registered
820 Posts
It's a pity that Ivan doesn't speak English. Also a pity he didn't show how to actually remove the throttle box, the clamp round the inlet duct seems to give people a lot of trouble.

·
Super Moderator
7,112 Posts
Daza, getting to virtually any item in a modern day engine is invariably difficult.
You dont explain or provide any preambles as to why the throttle body needs removing/replacing? All we know is year/series but no diagnostic codes, mileage, service or trouble history. We dont know for sure where your world location is (left blank in your Sign-Up but the system believes you to be New Zealand ?).
When my Captiva was diagnosed with throttle body fault (covered by Extended Warranty) it turned out the only problem was a 'blown' throttle body gasket on one side at the 1.0 to 2.0 o'clock position in photo.
Other causes can be poor or vibration broken wire into connection terminal block is another known cause of difficulty.
I am assuming you have checked the basics such as dirty or damaged MAF sensor, poor air intake ie filter partially blocked or misaligned in the airfilter housing, split in air feed hose, or even a heat softened air feed hose which collapses under demand.

As a new member the following link may be useful reading especially using the forum Advanced search function to read up earlier discussions; Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

P1050388email.jpg

·
Registered
54 Posts
I found only these Russian videos, you can still see what has been disassembled to reach the accelerator's body, in fact when I removed my part the most difficult part has been removed the elbow tube that has a fitting that must be unscrewed a couple of centimeters otherwise the tube turns but does not come out

·
Registered
54 Posts
I warned the throttle body because the mil light remained on and the error codes were P02E4 , P02EB, the car has no defects, after replacing the throttle body the light went out and the codes disappeared

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Daza, getting to virtually any item in a modern day engine is invariably difficult.
You dont explain or provide any preambles as to why the throttle body needs removing/replacing? All we know is year/series but no diagnostic codes, mileage, service or trouble history. We dont know for sure where your world location is (left blank in your Sign-Up but the system believes you to be New Zealand ?).
When my Captiva was diagnosed with throttle body fault (covered by Extended Warranty) it turned out the only problem was a 'blown' throttle body gasket on one side at the 1.0 to 2.0 o'clock position in photo.
Other causes can be poor or vibration broken wire into connection terminal block is another known cause of difficulty.
I am assuming you have checked the basics such as dirty or damaged MAF sensor, poor air intake ie filter partially blocked or misaligned in the airfilter housing, split in air feed hose, or even a heat softened air feed hose which collapses under demand.

As a new member the following link may be useful reading especially using the forum Advanced search function to read up earlier discussions; Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

View attachment 1865
P02E4 hi yes im in new zealand that is the fault code some times when you put your foot on the accaleratorit goes no wher and black smokes bad out the exhaust then you take your foot off and then down again then it gets up and goes but does this constantly but on long trips its good

·
Super Moderator
7,112 Posts
Daza, You never explained in your original opening post why you established that it was the throttle body you needed to replace.
Now we are finding out more - such as black smoke - there are plenty of other reasons for this. ie "Most common causes of black smoke are faulty injectors, a faulty injector pump, a bad air filter (causing not enough oxygen to be supplied), a bad EGR valve (causing the valves to clog) or even a bad turbocharger."
What have you explored so far?

You've now confirmed you are in New Zealand. Please complete this in your Sign-up and add your vehicle details to either the left hand data pane or better still in your 'Footer' data. How to do this was in my earlier post 18 days ago. Read this link:- Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

1 - 9 of 9 Posts