Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 58 LTX this afternoon. Raining and dark by the time I got it home so not had a chance to have a proper play.

But two immediate observations/questions:

1) Does the radio switch itself off after a set amount of time once the ignition is off or doors are locked? On my Focus it switches off with the ignition. Also if you switch it on when ignition is off it turns off 1 hour after ignition is off if not done manually. Just concerned that I could drain the battery by by accidently leaving the radio on.

2) I was surprised that there was no locking fuel cap or locking flap. Should there be?

I've had a skim through the manual and I couldnt find any mention of point 1 and it appears that point 2 is standard ie its non-locking. Should I be surprised?

Regards

·
Registered
997 Posts
MrX said:
Bought a 58 LTX this afternoon. Raining and dark by the time I got it home so not had a chance to have a proper play.

But two immediate observations/questions:

1) Does the radio switch itself off after a set amount of time once the ignition is off or doors are locked? On my Focus it switches off with the ignition. Also if you switch it on when ignition is off it turns off 1 hour after ignition is off if not done manually. Just concerned that I could drain the battery by by accidently leaving the radio on.

2) I was surprised that there was no locking fuel cap or locking flap. Should there be?

I've had a skim through the manual and I couldnt find any mention of point 1 and it appears that point 2 is standard ie its non-locking. Should I be surprised?

Regards
Point 1- yes, 10 min is the cut off, it's in the manual somewhere. On mine the radio stays on until you open the door but always goes off at that point and I haven't managed to switch it on wothout the key in the ignition. I wonder if there has been some meddling with your wiring- deinstalled phone kit or similar?
Point 2- No idea, never thought to look, I just assumed, but will check it out tomorrow and report back.

·
Registered
226 Posts
hi

the cap does have a lock

if you look inside th cap, it has a piece of plastic with a hole in, when the car is locked, a plastic pin bolts thru the hole..

i found this out because, after i had filled up my chevy, i locked the car moments before i tried to replace the petrol cap, it wouldnt close, and that was because the pin had shot across, stopping the flap locating to its normal position.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks bigianw and intimidator.

Just tried both and both are working as you described.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts