Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Boot is stuck closed. Key makes about 1/8th of a turn but nothing happens. The catch under the emblem seems stuck as there's no play in it. I got it to open once from inside by pulling on the rods but not since. Theres an electrical connection to the latch unit. Is this a mechanical problem or an electrical problem?

·
Super Moderator
6,635 Posts
The Forum Index Search facility has the following link which might be useful.

Reactions: Ranger57

·
Super Moderator
6,635 Posts
Ranger, As a new member it takes a bit of time to workout where and how the Forum links work.

The following link provides Helpful Tips and Guidance on using the Forum which may be useful for you.

Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

Reactions: Ranger57

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorted the lock but the opening handle on the outside is seized and I'm trying to loosen it off, but can anyone point me to a parts/breakers?

·
Super Moderator
6,635 Posts
Ranger, Good that you have made some progress. As for breakers Yards the best option is to enter 'Car Breakers Yards' into your search engine ie Google etc.
I believe your icon flag is the Netherlands ? It would help Forum Readers if you were to complete your Sign-up with full location detail which will then reveal your location town/city when the cursor is held over your Flag icon.
Additionally it helps to complete your Footer 'Signature' with your full vehicle details which will then automatically appear under your posts for easy identification by readers.
I did attach a link two weeks ago with Tips & Help of how to use the Forum. Both of the items mentioned above are explained in the link I sent you. Could be helpful if you refer back to that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts