Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey good people of this forum I have a few questions about some the lights in my dashboard. Sorry if someone has already posted this here I just didn't find it.

1). My DPF sensor indicator light has come on now and then to let me know when I should drive for ex amount of time to make it go away (the cleaning process). But for some reason now it comes on and stays on as in it's not blinking like it should be. Hope some of you have an idea on why that's happening.

2). My engine light and service light stay on together and I have no clue as to why. Might be because of a code PO180

I am looking for extra information since my car started acting this way after it went in for service at a licensed Chevrolet mechanic in my home town. And they refuse to accept it's their fault and cant turn of the engine light and service light for some reason.

Hope this is enough information for you guys, message me if you have an idea of what's going on.

·
Super Moderator
6,457 Posts
RagnarKari, Welcome to the Forum and a very 'Well done' as a first time user for providing your Location and some vehicle info in your Signature Footer.

Question 1. Possibly the DPF is getting towards end of its life or it needs an extra helping hand by the addition of DPF cleaner added to the fuel. But... it could be connected with question 2 because DPF needs temperature sensor readings to operate correctly.

Question 2. This code represents :-
"If your OBD II equipped vehicle has stored a code P0180; it simply means that the powertrain control module (PCM) has detected a voltage signal from the fuel temperature sensor/flex fuel sensor or circuit "A" that is not within a programmed range."
This covers a lot of options because it is a generic code rather than pinpointing the exact item.

I would have thought the Engine / Service lamps could have been cancelled. However if the fault remains it will reset the code.

Make sure that a connection(s) to sensor(s) havent been dislodged during service work. Especially those associated with the exhaust / DPF / Catalytic converter.

This might end up being lengthy and methodical verification of different possibilities.

ps; How many Kms has your vehicle travelled ? Automatic or Manual gearbox? Your Signature / Footer doesnt say.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Aussie thanks for the reply. Sorry for not having all the information on hand when I posted this. So my vehicle has done 179.xxxkm and it's an automatic gearbox. I also need to add a extra bit of information to this post.

3). My transmission has also started to act all funky after all this to. If I let it wok on it's own it's having a really hard time getting up to speed. I put my foot down and nothing happens for 4 or 5 seconds and then all of a sudden it revs up really fast (it used to just take of right away if I put my foot down). That might be related to a code U0401 but I myself cant be sure.

4). Also I had my valve cover gasket changed at the same time and the mechanic who did it, did it wrong the first time and my car ended up spilling oil all over the engine bay. So I am thinking these problem might be because of that happening. They cleaned the engine bay (to some degree) but not that well in my opinion and put the valve cover gasket correctly on again thankfully.

These are all problems that started to appear after I visited this Chevrolet Mechanic here in my town and safe to say, I am never going back there again because my car was more than fine before sadly.

·
Registered
228 Posts
DPF needs to be cleaned. Get a aerosol gel with a long plastic nozzle (DPF cleaner). Remove the sensor before the DPF and spray the cleaner in-I warmed the car up a bit. Replace the sensor and take the car for a 20-30KM drive on the motorway at +/- 3000 RPM. That should switch the DPF light off. From there the other fault codes and service lights can be reset or diagnosed. Does your fan carry on running when you stop?
Check that your oil level is not unusually high due to failed DPF cleaning cycles.

I feel your pain about the oil leak, mine has started this as well, I tightened the valve cove bolts and snapped one-not a nice job to sort that one out...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts