Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone just new on here and found it to be a wealth of information but can't find what I am looking for so hopefully someone may help.
I have a captiva 2008 2.0 diesel and need to change my rockers and cam followers.
Checked camshaft and still looks good and what I am looking for is it at all possible to compress the valve springs and remove and replace rockers and cam followers.
New timing belt was fitted about 5 months ago and I wondered if the above was possible and save the job of removing and refitting the timing side of things.
Any helpful suggestions and I would be most grateful.
Stay safe and thank you.
Karl

·
Registered
664 Posts
Hi Karl and welcome to the forum. There was a problem with the the rocker bearings of the 2.0 engines and they changed them to needle roller bearings, is that the type you now have? Are you looking to replace the full set? I can't quite visualise the cam follower set up, do you have a diagram or picture?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Victor and many thanks for the speedy reply and the welcome.
  1. The engine does indeed have the troublesome needle roller bearing fitted and yes I have the full set of rockers and cam followers to fit along with the bridge pieces and unfortunately I do not have a diagram but I am just hoping I can fit them without removing the camshaft.
  2. Thanks again regards Karl

·
Super Moderator
6,457 Posts
Karloz & Victor, Just a quick 'Flag' on this post . This post is incorrected located.

Karloz as a Captiva owner your post should have been entered in - - the Captiva Forum.
Incorrect posting and responses renders the Index search function dysfunctional because the topic will not be identifiable via the Captiva Forum. Additionally those members who only read the Captiva Forum will not have seen this post at all so your potential 'help source' simply will not read it.

The request under the General Forum title does say "Specific vehicle models should be placed in the respective model subforums". Please avoid building further posts here and redirect further discussion into Captiva Forum.

Karlos, It would assist you to understand the Forum layout. You'll find the following link helpful with where to post and also fully completing your location and adding vehicle details to your Signature (Footer).
Link:- Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

Catch up with you in te Captiva Forum next time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts