Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm hoping that someone can help me, I have a 2010 automatic captiva diesel that won't move when put in drive or reverse.
You can push the car in drive but it locks up like it should when put in park.
I have spoken to a few garages who have told me not to bother getting it repaired as the cost will probably be more that the car is worth.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
7,112 Posts
Hi I'm hoping that someone can help me, I have a 2010 automatic captiva diesel that won't move when put in drive or reverse.
You can push the car in drive but it locks up like it should when put in park.
I have spoken to a few garages who have told me not to bother getting it repaired as the cost will probably be more that the car is worth.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
The key missing information is have these garages you've consulted defined what the problem is or provided DTC's?
You give no details on service history, mileage, or whether this was an instant problem or any prior deterioration.
Have you obtained any DTC (diagnostic trouble codes)?
When was the ATF (Automatic Transfer Fluid) last changed or even checked for level?
It has the makings of a gearbox problem but this is by my no means certain on such scant information.
You can explore the Forum Back Index for similar discussions.
As a new member the following link may be helpful reading :- Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The key missing information is have these garages you've consulted defined what the problem is or provided DTC's?
You give no details on service history, mileage, or whether this was an instant problem or any prior deterioration.
Have you obtained any DTC (diagnostic trouble codes)?
When was the ATF (Automatic Transfer Fluid) last changed or even checked for level?
It has the makings of a gearbox problem but this is by my no means certain on such scant information.
You can explore the Forum Back Index for similar discussions.
As a new member the following link may be helpful reading :- Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi thanks for your reply, the garages haven't looked at the car or given a dtc, there aren't any lights on the dashboard either.
The car has done 116000 miles, not sure if the transmission fluid has ever been changed.
For about a week before it stopped working it started taking a while going through the gears.

·
Super Moderator
7,112 Posts
We can only guess. You need to obtain Diagnostic Trouble Codes and then report back to the Forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts