Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Captiva 2.0D Auto UK 110k FSH RHD
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a relatively bizarre scenario with my Chevrolet Captiva.
The battery light occasionally will stay on after starting the vehicle, now this isn’t as simple as it sounds because I have tested the battery and that’s fine 12.7v and CCA is fine. Also I have tested the alternator and that’s putting out decent voltage with and without accessories on (13.5v-14.1v)

the strange part is that it will not come on when already driving or during a journey, the issue only happens when I for example go for a drive and then stop and turn vehicle off, when I then turn the ignition on the battery light will extinguish but then a second or two later flick back On and stay on.if I then start the car it will have the battery light on for the whole of that journey, if I however turn the key off and turn the ignition back on it normally takes the battery light off

any suggestions?? I don’t think it’s the alternator or the battery. And if it was a loose connection why wouldn’t the light occasionally come on when driving?

thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
7,658 Posts
Captiva 2010 2.0d as mentioned in the title
What Victor is meaning it would assist if you were to have completed your Sign-Up in the sections required.
For the time being we are assuming you are in UK (The Forum system thinks you are UK located?)
Are we to presume your vehicle is diesel, manual or automatic, mileage, service history, recently purchased or long time owner etc.
All these snippets help readers build a picture.
The following link will assist you in completing Sign-Up etc

·
Registered
2010 Captiva 2.0D Auto UK 110k FSH RHD
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks

I will do that now

but yes rhd I’m vehicle diesel auto FSH 110k and longtime owner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts