Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all from a new member,

I have had my LTZ for over a year now and am getting fed up with the number of times it has been back to a Chev. dealer (45 mins each way). The latest problem......

The rear wiper has stopped working and there is no water coming out of the rear wash. It worked perfectly yesterday but today on engine start - nothing. I have checked the fuse in the engine fuse box but it looks fine. Anyone else had a rear wiper that just died?

I dread another waste of a morning going to and from the dealer to be told "we need the car for half a day to diagnose the problem then we can order some parts". Last time it took two weeks to get a pre-tensioner cable and when it came in they put it on the parts shelf and never called me. Grrrrrrrrr!!!

·
Registered
997 Posts
I don't wish top be condecending, but is the boot door closed properly- I've had this too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<stares at his shoes and mumbles> I opened the tailgate and found that the dog's towel was stuck in the lock mechanism.

Thanks for the tip. That saved the long drive and the odd looks at the dealership!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Wilson2407 said:
<stares at his shoes and mumbles> I opened the tailgate and found that the dog's towel was stuck in the lock mechanism.

Thanks for the tip. That saved the long drive and the odd looks at the dealership!
That's what the forum is for! And honest, i'm not laughing........ much!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Don't forget winter will be upon us soon, fill your washer bottles with neat windscreen wash to avoid those freeze ups in the head liner which blows the joints apart that lots of owners found!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
****! forgot about freezing. Last week touched the rear wash-wipe button, It wasn't frosty but had been previously. Front wash OK. Rear no water!
Waited till today - balmy 7degs. Tried again - no water at rear but nice shower out from ront/near side door pillar!!!
Happened last year - dealer said "common problem easy to fix" but how? Now out of warranty. How do i get to the tube in the pillar?
Captiva LT 09.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sometimes the wiper arm freezes to the rest on a really freezing morning. On some frosty mornings I give it a wiggle to break the ice and it works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts