Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Chevrolet Matiz, 1.0, 2010 model - lovely Orange colour!!
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there's other posts on this but this is a different problem so a new answer please!

My rear washer has stopped working BUT I can hear the pump going but no water. The front is fine and the rear wiper works fine.

I can't find any water coming out anywhere from the bottle to the outlet at the top of the rear screen.

I'm guessing there may be a blockage but I have continually held the lever down in the hope that the pump may push the water through the pipe and clear any blockage to no avail.

I wonder whether the pump may be faulty although it does make a noise like the front one?

It was working fine and suddenly stopped.

Finally, it looks like a really difficult job to get to the washer bottle / pump
Help!

·
Super Moderator
7,566 Posts
MH, This sounds awfully familiar - but it is normally the Captiva which suffers from this problem. Lots of posts in that section.
I dont have a Matiz but it may be extremely likely that the feed line to the rear is more than one section of hose feed and possibly the connector has blown apart or come off the back of the jet. This water loss might be hidden somewhere with in the rear section or the roof line. We have two or three Matiz Gurus who I'm sure will respond with their wisdom fairly promptly.

There are a couple of things we need you do. You missed Sign-Up details on two items. Firstly your World location. The Forum system believes you to be UK located; secondly we always need details of the model year build, engine variant, indication of service history etc.
The following link will be helpful reading on these two items and other general info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Aussie Ed

Firstly, I’ve completed the profile including a photo of the said Matiz!

pleased to report it passed its MOT today with no problems.

But, the rear screen washer still not working. The garage had a ‘quick look’ but couldn’t see anything obviously wrong. They thought it may be a ’one way’ valve that may have locked. They’ve no idea where this may be.

I guess I’ll just have to go through a process of elimination.

For a start, there‘s definitely no water seeping through the little nozzle at the top of the rear scree. Secondly, the pump makes a noise when i activate the washer.

i don’t know how the pump works, but is it possible that the pump has become disengaged. In other words the pump is rotating but the part (if there is such a part) like a sort of paddle that pushes the water along may have broken??

·
Super Moderator
7,566 Posts
"For a start, there‘s definitely no water seeping through the little nozzle at the top of the rear scree. Secondly, the pump makes a noise when i activate the washer."

If there is no water at rear screen nozzle jet, then the point I'm trying to make is that the feed hose may have blown apart at a tube joiner somewhere in the concealed areas of the hose maybe in the vehicle roof lining or behind the jet feed. This is a common problem in the Captiva model but I dont recall this occurring in the Matiz Forum previously.

·
Registered
56 Posts
As Ed suggests rule out the simple stuff. get a pin an see if it will insert smoothly into the washer jet. Sometimes if not used often dust gets lodged and will block the jet like concrete. If that still yields no water then you have a bit of an uphill struggle.

its a pain to get at the reservoir but its relatively straight forwards in the steps:
Font Parallel Paper Drawing Art

The tank feeds both front and back washers. Its just the motor for each is separate. This should allow you to check if the motor is working (maybe swap the pipes and see if there is change) This will eliminate a broken impeller (as the motor could still spin but not pump) . Other than that you will need to trace the path of the pipe to check for a break (and it goes a long way to the back) since this is mounted on the rear door the hot spot should be around the rear door join to body as this has the most movement and hence the possibility of chaffing.

Good luck in your hunt ....

·
Super Moderator
7,566 Posts
Very thorough post Mark (y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That’s a brilliant response- it’ll give me something to do this weekend.
I think you could be onto something with the broken impeller thought

1 - 7 of 7 Posts