Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Spark+ 2011 1.0 petrol
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my son's Spark+, I want to remove the drivers door lock switch mechanism which I believe is corroded. It doesn't activate the central locking when key turned or button operated. I squirted some WD-40 on it and it then worked once. So pretty sure it is switch issue.
To remove switch do I have to remove the door lock in edge of door, held with the 3 x set screws?
Does switch mechanism then come away once linkage rods are disconnected?
Any advice will be gratefully received.
Many thanks,
Ray

·
Super Moderator
7,286 Posts
Ray, I'm not a Spark owner but we have a couple of Spark Guru's who may respond.
To my belief the set screws in the door edge are I think only for adjusting closing catch alignment. To access most door mechanisms you normally have to remove the door card (inner decorative panel).

Well done for completing your Sign-Up first time with world location and vehicle model info.

·
Registered
Spark+ 2011 1.0 petrol
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ray, I'm not a Spark owner but we have a couple of Spark Guru's who may respond.
To my belief the set screws in the door edge are I think only for adjusting closing catch alignment. To access most door mechanisms you normally have to remove the door card (inner decorative panel).

Well done for completing your Sign-Up first time with world location and vehicle model info.

Thanks for your reply. I figured it out. The door lock and switch are removed be removing the three set screws in the door edge and unclipping the various rods going to the door handles etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts