Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My engine is leaking oil, had a quick look and I have not found the source but can see it’s on the underside of the bell housing dropping on to the engine tray before dripping on to the floor.

My plan is to jack up and remove the under body tray, clean and see if I can find the source of the leak but thought I would ask on here first to see if any one else has had this issue? I have tried the search function but no results for cruze.

thanks.

·
Registered
922 Posts
The vacuum pump on the 1.7 diesel is driven off the back of the alternator and there's an oil seal there which can leak quite badly (see link). You should also check out your crankcase vent system for any blockages etc.

·
Super Moderator
7,658 Posts
There is a post about Oil Leak on Cruze by member Ansh ten months ago. The topic title was 'Local Chevrolet Garage' which didnt directly mention Oil Leak in topic title but was part of several issues of which oil leak was one.
Ansh got his fixed by a mechanic in East London....... just a wee bit too far for you Bobby as you are in Scotland.

Reactions: bobbyjoeufb

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks checked the alternator does not look the same as the Astra H, its cold outside today and don’t have time to remove the under trays. Checked the top of the engine and oil round rocker cover which I think is prob split oil from filling up, but just to make sure I have pulled the cover of the top of the engine and cleaned around the rocker cover.

Ill check in a few days just in case it’s the rocker gasket.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Car has been to garage, he thinks it’s the crank shaft seal, which I was really hoping it would be something else! So looks like the gearbox is coming out for a third time for repair.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts