Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2012 2.2 diesel Captiva with a engine issue. Problem is that engine oil is is making its way to the coolant and overflowing from the coolant expansion tank. Nil coolant present in the engine oil (Has been drained and refilled to make sure). Vehicle does not overheat and starts and runs as it should. I strongly suspect the oil cooler is to blame although cannot find were it is located in the engine bay. Where is it located and can it be replaced with the engine still in the vehicle.

·
Registered
694 Posts
The oil cooler is an integrated part of the oil filter housing. It's located at the back of the engine and I don't think you can remove it to change the gaskets / seals in situ.

·
Super Moderator
6,700 Posts
Cruzn, There is an existing post on this topic (found via the Forum Search function) so it may be useful to read the experience from that situation.
Link: Engine oil in coolant surge tank
Victors info indicates that this can only be accessed by 'engine out'. Do you have any Extended Warranty?

You didnt complete your Location in Sign-Up but the Forum System is identifying you as in Australia. If this is incorrect please complete the data.

As a new Forum Member the following link is helpful info.
Helpful Guidance Using the Forum (open link fully to read it all).

Reactions: gcmarcal
1 - 3 of 3 Posts