Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Captiva 2.2 diesel Auto
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Captiva 2.2 diesel. Problem is that the engine keeps filling the coolant overflow expansion tank with engine oil. No water/coolant in engine oil just engine the oil is entering the cooling system and overflowing through the expansion tank. I have pressure tested the oil cooler and replaced the two rubber seals behind it with no benefit.

Otherwise the vehicle runs perfectly. I understand a cracked head/ blow head gasket is possible although the lack of coolant in the oil leads me to suspect otherwise.
Any suggestions??

·
Super Moderator
6,995 Posts
Cruzn, You raised the very same topic 4 months ago. Why have you created yet another Topic title when you could/should have maintained continuity on the original?
This simply fragments discussions and you were advised previously that this topic already existed which you could have built upon (2014).
Member Victor provided you with photo of oil cooler. Additionally the discussions on this issue under an entry by member Maxib ran to several pages in 2014.
You were provided with Guidance of how to use the forum and how to complete your Sign-Up location and vehicle details, along with how to use the Forum Search back index. You appear to have not taken heed of any of the earlier help and guidance offered to you so I am unsure whether further discussion has any benefit.
My suggestion is to take your vehicle to your dealer and they may possibly carry out some pressure testing so as to endeavour to establish where the cause is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts