1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Captiva 2.2, 120kW
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Captiva 2012. 2.2D 120kW

Car won't start when MAF sensor is connected. When I pull out a plug from the MAF sensor, the car starts but of course the power is limited and the engine check light goes on

I tried to replace the MAF sensor with the new one but it doesn't help

Any advice what could be the problem?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,918 Posts
Cause can be any one of a number of possibilities. You havent provided any Diagnostic Trouble Codes to help narrow down the cause.
Do you have any other symptoms you've not mentioned ie smoke from exhaust - if so what colour? Anything else?
There are dozens of existing posts you can read concerning the MAF. The Forum 'Advanced Search' function is a wonderful resource worth reading.
Typical link here :- Search results for query: MAF
You can also use the Search function to look up 'Vehicle will not Start'.

I cannot identify your Country flag and you never completed your World Location in your Sign-Up. The following link has helpful forum information: -

·
Registered
Captiva 2.2, 120kW
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Forget to say that there are no any error codes when MAF is connected. Only when It is disconnected.

Next week I'll visit a service shop with GM support and I hope we'll find a problem.

Best regards

·
Super Moderator
7,918 Posts
Before you spend money on a mechanic just check for a torn, split, loose air feed hose. Holes or tears in the air feed are a common problem with the Captiva.
Incorrect air volume will give spurious MAF error interpretation.

Where in the World are you to still have GM support??
Reminder: complete your Sign-Up World location and vehicle details in the designated sections please.
Read the 'Guidance link' in my previous post on how to do this.

·
Registered
Captiva 2.2, 120kW
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already had a problem with one hose so I you're right regarding a tears and holes ;)

I'm probably wrong regarding an official GM support right now but they were an official reseller in Bosnia until GM decided to leave the Europe as a marketplace. As I saw, they still have all they need to diagnose the problems and they have a complete schemes, printouts, diagrams, etc..

Best regards from Bosnia

1 - 6 of 6 Posts