Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. New here and looking for some help with my media screen. The wife put it in reverse and all of a sudden the screen has now stopped working. I don’t think it’s a fuse as it has the Chevrolet bags up and the lights behind the buttons are still lit. Thanks in advance for any help.
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel

·
Super Moderator
7,862 Posts
Paul,
You offer no explanation as to what you have tried so far but I'm assuming you have deployed the reset sequence which should be explained in your Owners Handbook. You did read your handbook I hope?

The MultiMedia / Heads up unit probably has more post entries than any other Topic on this Forum.
You can access and read these discussions via the Advanced Search Function which has back topics spanning back about 12 years.
The Series 2 Multimedia has a very chequered history of reliability and failure issues. Sometimes electronic equipment simply goes AWOL for no known reason. Disconnecting the negative connection on the battery and leaving this disconnected for an hour can allow dissipation. Then try reconnecting. You'll have to reset some functions ie clock etc but I would recommend you try the system reset sequence first.

It is noted that you somehow missed fully completing your Sign-Up ie World location and the vehicle details section. The Forum system believes you are located in the UK? Tips on how to complete these sections and using the Forum facilities (ie Advanced Search back index etc) are explained in the following link :- Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank AD. I have read the manual and tried the reset as well as looking at the fuse’s. I have also taken it in to garage and had a diagnostic run on it but to no avail. I shall read the other forums and see if I can find someone with a similar problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts