Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
New to the forum but found the info discussed here very helpful when purchasing. Ive just bought a Black 2008 LT manual with 105 000 km's. Im absolutely delighted with it. I have 2 questions.

1. Has anyone fitted a THB Bury 9060 handsfree? I have one from a previous car and need to know what adaptors to use.

2. Is there anyway to test the awd function without taking the car off road. I just want to see if everything is working ok.

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
hello Irish, not sure you'll get an answer to your first question here. To test you awd function,a simple testis drivecaptiva up onto some wet grassand then floor it. If awd is working, all wheels will spin. You'll need someone to eyeball this while you are doing this of course and make sure theres enough spacein case you get grip ;)

·
Registered
997 Posts
Hi Irish,
I've fitted a THB bury system 8, which is different, but the principle is exactly the same- it only requires the correct adaptor leads ( a SOT lead in this case)- autoleads are best and it does need to be the correct chevy one as the fittings on the back of the radio are different to any others I've seen- they're certainly not din. The most difficult bit is getting the 2 silver panels at the side of the radio off to get the radio out to fit it. Lots of jiggling and some nice plastic pry tools are needed, and about 3 hours.

Best of British, I mean Irish!

Iain

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Iain
I took out the radio yesterday. The previous owner had chopped wiring and installed a sony erricson. After a couple of hours I figured out the wiring andI installed an extra fuse and now the Bury works fine. It is never my first choise to cut original wiring but since it was done already I saved myself the cost of a lead and an installation.Looks great with a brodit pro clip.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Yes it does, that's what my install has. I'll never underrstand why people with 70-80 grand cars still use their phones in their hands, when it's so cheap and easy to fit a hands-free kit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts