Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am about to go and test drive with a definate view of buying a 2009 2L LT Diesel Captiva and i was wondering if i need to look out for anything? Should anything have been replaced? is any thing due to be replaced in the coming couple of years. The car has a mileage of 25,000 and one previous owner.

Many many thanks

BTW am very very excited about owning one of these cars!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Not really, do the usual checks you would when buying a 2nd hand car. Go into it with an open mind re fuel consumption not believing the Chevrolet figures.

There is a known rust fault on the rear tailgate by the chrome number plate light (both corners), check fr this and if bubbling is seen get Chevrolet to fix, just watch the warranty dates, as Chevy are notorious for not eing flexible. Dont think the 6 year anti corrosion covers it, it doesn't. You can see threads on that.

Basically a good car, but do the usual checks you do with 2nd hand cars.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Are you buying from a chevrolet dealer? I suggest that is the best course of action. Check the service history and be very careful if it hasn't had annual services despite what the handbook says, be wary of dpf and dual mass flywheel issues (or is it auto?) and as it is now out of manufacturers warranty if you are buying a warranty be very careful! Most 3 months parts and labour warranties aren't worth the paper they are written on. Check to see if it has the service history, (chevrolet) and call them to see if it is close enough to purchase the extended chevrolet warranty. if it is a chevrolet dealer they may be able to do this for you. but budget for things like the cam-belt change, clutch, and servicing. Don't forget the servicing at all costs. Those I know who have them are happy despite the minor niggles. Tell us what you do and happy motoring.Edited by: Oldroverboy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts