Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Chevrolet Captiva 2.0 2010 4wd
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Abs, traction control, hill descent and 4wd lights on dash. All illuminated. Is this a brake pedal sensor? Abs wheel sensor? Help!!

·
Super Moderator
7,219 Posts
There is a whole raft (more than three dozen under slightly different titles) of existing discussion on this Topic available to you at the touch of just a few buttons.
Use of the Forum Advanced Search (Back Index) will provide you with plenty of reading and is an invaluable resource.
The Search function is accessed via the three white dots top right of header bar. Select Advanced Search and complete boxes (leave member name blank and it will bring them all up). You'll have the following link :-
Search results for query: ABS Traction lights
The typical cause is a defective ABS sensor or often simply corroded connector block pins to an ABS sensor. It but could be other causes but start with ABS first.
Diagnostic codes always help.

Reactions: gcmarcal

·
Registered
400 Posts
As i mentioned in another post i had these lights on my 2007, fault code steering angle sensor and right rear sensor, replaced sensor light and codes remained.
It was the y cable connecting rear senors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It’s all sorted now. Traced to faulty speed sensor on near side rear wheel. Changed sensor myself (£12 from eBay). All lights now off.

·
Registered
400 Posts
It’s all sorted now. Traced to faulty speed sensor on near side rear wheel. Changed sensor myself (£12 from eBay). All lights now off.
ok, but you did not scan any codes?
How did you trace it, disconnected them at each wheel and measured resistance with a multi meter?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A friend of mine scanned the codes for me. He has his own garage so has the gear. My cheap scanner doesn’t detect abs codes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By the way if you need a rear speed sensor I have a spare. Not sure what the postage would be to you but the offer is there.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yep!

Cold weather tends to destroy them quickly!
I had to replace mine last year

1 - 9 of 9 Posts