Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know what causes the abs handbrake light decent light and traction control on the dash the fault code comes up has U0121 NO COMMUNICATION WITH ABS MODULE ON A NON GEN FAULT CODE READER THANKS

·
Registered
652 Posts
There are other posts on this site, regarding those lights coming on, but no one posted the MIL code before. Sorry, don't know what that problem is, but it seems to point to a faulty ABS sensor. Looks like a trip to your local Chevvy dealer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have exactly the same problem, seems only to show the fault on cold morings and clears after about 15 mins of driving.

·
Registered
10 Posts
On mine it was one of the rear ABS sensors that had bad continuity. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Suspect it was due to a bad connection.

To fix mine I removed both rear wheels (separately).

Identified ABS sensor connector, disconnected, sprayed some GT85 spray (or WD40) in to connector. Reconnected and then tapped both ends of the connector back together with electrical tape (as a cheap moisture repellent & to securely hold both ends together).

Wheels back on and hey presto so more Christmas tree lights on the dash!!

This repair has lasted over a year now so worth a try.

Cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dont you all think these captivas are a rubbish car i work on cars and never worked on such a pile of crap ever in 21 years chevrolet should be shot for selling a abolute pile of crap

·
Registered
997 Posts
sarah33carscars said:
dont you all think these captivas are a rubbish car i work on cars and never worked on such a pile of crap ever in 21 years chevrolet should be shot for selling a abolute pile of crap
I've had a few issues, but no more than with other cars i've owned and for the money I think they're fine. You can always sell it and buy something else!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Took the car to a dealer today they charged me £40 to tell me the same thing has i know,
code u0121 and then wanted to charge me 250 to look into it further no thanks .You would think a dealer would know common faults and go straight to it.I work on mercedes trucks and i know at least 95% of there common faults .So once again i can only say these cars are unreliable and any one thinking of buying one beware.................

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Almost forgot a chevrolet main dealer who was working on my car couldnt even tell me if the car had a transmission control module how poor and then try to talk to me like i knew nothing about cars who are they kidding .Send your staff to customer training then to the chevrolet training you might know something about the product you re fixing................0 star customer RATING POOR POOR POOR .

·
Registered
997 Posts
You're entitled to your opinion "Sarah", just as we are entitled to ours. My Captiva has been thoroughly reliable apart from whatI would consider to be a lower thanaverage level of relatively minor faults over the 2 and a bit years that I've owned it, tyhe majority of which were repaired under warranty.
I agree that the dealers are shocking, but thenI think most dealers are- there are good ones out there, but they're not easy to track down, certainly not as easy as they should be! I think what they charge is obscene when you take it against what they pay their staff and the poor level of service that they give, andI speak as the son of a father who spent his entire life working in the motor trade and as someone who appreciates the skills of the seemingly few workers in that trade currently who have any clue what they're doing. I've had the condescending conversations too.
I need the seating capacity of my 7 seater, so what shouldI choose in it's place? I could have a renault scenile, a Ford S Max at twice the price, a citroen grand picasso- really? All motoring without an unlimited budget is a compromise. I'm full aware of the Captiva's shortcomings and still consider it to be the best compromise for my needs. Now, you may not agree and that's your perogative. I know lots of people who rave about cars thati wouldn't be seen dead in, but that's the joy of the human condition, we each get to make up our own mind.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I'm stealing that for my tag line!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I wish people would put the model and year of their Captiva as their tag lines, very few do it, and it helps when you try to compare other peoples issues with your own.
Mine is coming up for a year old, and it has been in for a few minor warranty repairs in the first year, nothing serious. I would add that my previous car, a Zafira had nothing go wrong in 4 years, but then the Captiva is fitted with alot more kit andsensors that could go wrong. What I would say is that after a year I still enjoy getting in and driving the Captiva, after a year with the Zafira I wasn't fussed either way.

My wife has had to take our car in on the occasions it has required attention and she avoids the Chevrolet guy on the servicing desk and always goes to the Vauxhall man as his customer care credentials are far superior.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
JUST TO SAY FAULT CODE U0121 IS EITHER THE WIRING FAULTY OR IN MY CASE ABS ECU FAULTY JUST THOUGHT THIS INFO MIGHT HELP SOMEONE

1 - 16 of 16 Posts