Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please Help, I had noticed a couple of times this past week that the Accelerator seemed a bit sticky but blamed it on the Foot Mat, anyway today when I started the engine and had foot slightly down on accelerator it got stuck down and you can imagine the noise all neighbours looking at me I had to turn engine off to stop it I then started up again and all was normal?I have tried to book it in but cannot see me until Monday it is under warranty as I got the car in April of this year BUT the service man said it may not come under warranty hmmmmmmm sounds good :(
Any help or if anyone else has heard of this any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
192 Posts
This hasn't happened to me (touch wood), but i'm sure this would ring alarm bells at your dealer, that could have happened while driving around town! They need to replace that for free surely.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just as a matter of curiosity, was it a diesel? have you checked your oil level re: diesel in sump/no successful regenerations of particulate filter, so would cause engine to rev when started running on sump oil, when was your last sevrice done, or last oil change. You will see enough posts about people with captivas with wrecked engines, please be very very careful. My local dealer trades out all diesels not under warranty now, unless car has a full service history with THEM. (and i agree with them!)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh dear I am now worried it is a 2010 LTX Diesel Auto.
The dealers cannot check it out until Monday but was told it may n ot be under the warranty haha and this comment was made before they have even seen the car! just hoping that that is not a sign of things to come?

Yes my husband checked the oil and Monday and it is just under the max.

I love the car but must admit this if frightening me

·
Registered
652 Posts
I don't understand. You say the car is still under warranty. If that is the case, and thee is fault then it is covered, end of. Dealers always say this, but it is total bull. If the car is still under manufacture warranty then they have to cover faults which are not attributed to wear and tear. They can't argue this on this fault, so it has to be covered, whether a known fault or not. Extended warranties are the ones to be aware of, as they exclude so much.

If they expect you to pay tell them no, its a warranty job.

·
Super Moderator
7,470 Posts
This is getting confusing! I think we need to clarify is it the engine revving, or the sound of high speed fan? If the latter then it could be to do with DPF (see previous posts about DPF over the past 3-4 months).
If indeed it is the throttle getting stuck down then that will give engine revving and not the fan at high speed. Totally different. If the throttle is getting stuck then there could be a safety issue.

Suggest make doubly sure just what the cause is - engine or fan?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts