Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I am new to this Website so bear with me.

I have recently purchased my Chevrolet Orlando 1.8 LT Model and i am loving the Car , spacious and a real Monster to Drive. Having read some review websites before i bought this Model its a great car but does lack real power specially on Hills and if you have a full load.

Can anyone suggest any ideas how to improve the BHP on this Beast has i see there are performance chips available for the 2.0 but doesnt mention the 1.8 model was thinking of changing the air filter in the enginer to a K&N Performance Filter but cant find any reviews if this will make any real diffrence , if anyone can give some good tips or ideas what has worked for them has i would appreciate any advise , love the car just would like a bit more power under the bonnet.

regards Jamie

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi, is the petrol version adequate for city/town driving? I don't imagine I will be carrying loads on the car, maybe occasionally. Still trying to decide petrol or diesel. All reviews say go for the diesel but the DPF issue is putting me off.

I'm not planing on racing the orlando, just normal town driving & occasional motorway etc.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The diesel engine has all the pull you'll need (full load and hills). A pleasure to drive. I haven't had a DPF issue yet since I bought it last September! I have read about the chip for the 2.0l but not for 1.8l. Good luck.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Taffy222 said:
The diesel engine has all the pull you'll need (full load and hills). A pleasure to drive. I haven't had a DPF issue yet since I bought it last September! I have read about the chip for the 2.0l but not for 1.8l. Good luck.
Hi,

Pardon my ignorance but what is the chip you mentioned? Is it something to be replaced to get better performace on the diesel orlando? Do you always drive more than 20 miles per day? I only do less than 5 miles per day so im worried about the dpf issue with diesels.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ive got a 1.8LS. Only this model is available in SA. Its a petrol, but horrible heavy on fuel. Apart from that its a great vehicle, all the toys, spacious, etc...just too heavy on the pocket.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Lou said:
Ive got a 1.8LS. Only this model is available in SA. Its a petrol, but horrible heavy on fuel. Apart from that its a great vehicle, all the toys, spacious, etc...just too heavy on the pocket.
what MPG are you actually getting (ignore the trip if you have one, clock the miles covered from one full tank to the next)

www.Spiritmonitor.de shows an average of 31mpg, best 40mpg, worst 21mpg with just 46 entries

LPG is your only optiob assuming its cheaper to buy (its half the price of unleaded here in the UK) but it depends on your annual mileages

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tx Chevvychase. I about done with my first tank of fuel now...will do the math and see what I come up with.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
As a high miler for 4 years (800 a week on a school taxi contract) MPG was important, i had the Mondeo TDci 130PS and in summer i got 49mpg and in winter 45mpg (slower driving and winter diesel)

My new contract over a different route dropped it to 45mpg from September, my Epica returned 40mpg last week

if you get 30-35mpg the next step is to follow the usual advice...(after checking the filters and tyre pressures are good)

http://www.carbibles.com/gasmileage.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts