Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 matiz
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all. I’m new to the world of Chevrolet and happy to find this forum. My brother and I have recently got a matiz based kit car. There’s been a whole host of modifications, some of which work, others, well- do not! Hoping to pick all of your brains with some of the niggles that need to be solved!

One of the issues is that the MIL is on. The previous owner said that he had modified the throttle body. There is a blue wire on the body which has been cut. Connecting it means the idle revs drop from ~1200rpm to about 800, which sounds a lot better for idle. However, connecting the wire means that when the engine is revved, it kind of sticks at that rpm and over revs. We connected obd to a scanner which says air con. Because the car is heavily modified, we’ve no idea where the air con wiring is, or indeed, what it looks like. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or photos of the air con wiring? I’m wondering if we can bridge the aircon wiring to tell the ecu that “everything is alright mate, you don’t need to increase idle speed and you don’t need to light up the MIL”.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hi Super_Tiki you have an interesting project on you hands. The blue wire you have shown that connects to the vehicle throttle body can have different functions depending on throttle body type and ECM type. Do you have any additional information on these items. It is very informative that a manual A/C system as fitted to a Matiz is capable of providing MIL illumination and ODB2 details. You must have a top of the range diagnostic tool that reports "air con". It looks like the sort of kit I could do with. What make and model reference is it?

·
Registered
T250 2dr. 1.2 lpg
528 Posts

Contains the full workshop manuals/ diagrams for most European models including the Matiz.

·
Registered
2007 matiz
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Super_Tiki you have an interesting project on you hands. The blue wire you have shown that connects to the vehicle throttle body can have different functions depending on throttle body type and ECM type. Do you have any additional information on these items. It is very informative that a manual A/C system as fitted to a Matiz is capable of providing MIL illumination and ODB2 details. You must have a top of the range diagnostic tool that reports "air con". It looks like the sort of kit I could do with. What make and model reference is it?
Hi Jasta, thanks for your reply. I’m unsure on the throttle body (or what the modification actually is) but hope the photo may help identify!

The scanner is my friends which I think is this one: For Audi VW Skoda SEAT Car All System OBD2 Scanner Code Reader Reset EPB Oil TPA 655421703087 | eBay

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Gas Auto part

·
Registered
2007 matiz
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Contains the full workshop manuals/ diagrams for most European models including the Matiz.
Amazing, thank you Metro!

·
Super Moderator
7,992 Posts
S-T, You've got two of the Forums best on the case in Metro & Jasta, so if they cant help unravel the situation then you are up against it for a solution !

?? In your photo do I see a sideways 'V' shaped hole on the feed from the air filter ??

Reactions: Super_Tiki

·
Registered
2007 matiz
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
S-T, You've got two of the Forums best on the case in Metro & Jasta, so if they cant help unravel the situation then you are up against it for a solution !

?? In your photo do I see a sideways 'V' shaped hole on the feed from the air filter ??
There was a hole/split in the rubber of the air filter. We did wonder if that was the issue causing the MIL to illuminate- too much air flow. We plugged it as a temporary fix with super glue but the light stayed on. That’s when we realised that blue wire to the throttle body was split/disconnected and started to play with reconnecting that.

·
Registered
T250 2dr. 1.2 lpg
528 Posts
I did wonder about that filter. Newer cars ( by which I mean less than 25 years old) are very sensitive to such things. Just leaving the intake duct off my 407 (filter still in place), causes an immediate "check engine" light, as the sensors realise something is not as it should be. Faced with your situation, if I had the original filter box and intake, I would want to refit it, cancel the code and see what developed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts