Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Im just not impressed with the coldness of the aircon unit of my captiva. It is my first time to use it since ive bought it last Dec. 2009 and I was not impressed at all. Compared to my old car which is ford focus, as soon as you switch the aircon on, maybe in 15 seconds time you will really feel the cold flow of air while the captiva takes a while and is not as cold as my old focus. Just preparing myself for it is getting warmer now a days and I will not be happy if this is just normal.

·
Registered
227 Posts
With an avatar like that you shouldnt need aircon!! Seriously though, my LTZ airconis not as cold as previous car (Vectra).However, it does warm up much quicker.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Mine is fine... I would say the opposite, than it takes more to heat mine.

When on Auto setting and I set to arround 22-23 and it is a real chiller...

Suggest you get the Aircon checked out, dont know the age of your car, but maybe you need it refilled. People dont realise it should be refilled every 2 years or so. Take it to Kwik-Fit. The recharge and if cant get it cooler they dont charge (or didnt). Better still, dont tell them if you think there is a leak, as they wont do it then. However, if they find a leak they dont charge, and then yo know you have to get it fixed...

Good luck.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello K.L. Richards, I dont what you mean by setting it up to 22-23. I thought you will just have to bring the thermo down into the blue marker, press the AC button and RE-CIRC button and thats it. Mine is a 58 reg LT 7 seater with climate control. Thanks everyone for your advise.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Mr Richards has a posh one with climate! A 58 plate Lt will have straight air con. If you have climate, you have a "driver informationcentre" at the top on the middle of the dash, if you have air con you have a cubby!As for me (I have climate too) I live in Scotland, so seldom need the air con on to cool the car, but when I do is it instantly icy!

Edited by: bigiainw

·
Registered
652 Posts
I have the LTX with climate as bigiainw says. Sorry for the confusion.

Mind you it is not the POSHest one, that goes to jegrugby with his LTZ.
(meant to be green with jealosy not sick... )

·
Registered
29 Posts
I too have an LTZ with climate control and hot and cold folding doors as standard
. The air con on mine is very cold and I find that it only needs to be on for a short time to cool the cabin down. It is certainly cooler than my Mercedes which had the A/C on all the time summer and winter.

·
Registered
227 Posts
K.L.Richards said:
I have the LTX with climate as bigiainw says. Sorry for the confusion.

Mind you it is not the POSHest one, that goes to jegrugby with his LTZ.
(meant to be green with jealosy not sick... )

Oh Dear, I am going to have to keep the thing clean and polished now in case K L Richards sees it.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Think I bought mine a tad too early... Couldn't find a LTZ then, as I believe the LTZ came out a few years later, and the LTX was the "top model" at the time. Now there are loads of good valued LTZs around.... Ah well, such is life ...

·
Registered
153 Posts
I paid under 22k for my pre-registered LTZ the car was a 60 plate 4 weeks old with 5 miles on the clock. I bought it in Feb so it was registered as a 2011 car. In fact the deal I got was better than the deal I was offered on a LTX last year.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
airconditioning has been re-gased this morning in my local dealer but it only lasted 3 hours. Definitely going back for a leak diagnostics which I hope it will still be under warranty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you are in cold country then you no need air conditioner. but yes if you are not living there then you need. I think in country like India, Pakistan, then need air conditioner in their car. you your air conditioner is not working properly then you have to take your car with any Chevrolet dealer. they might be fix your problem.

·
Registered
24 Posts
aircon my my 2011 ltz is working fine. In fact its colder and gets cold quicker than my old audi a4. No complaints from me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts