Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

I hope every body had a great new year :)

I have the new shape aveo 62 plate.

Air flow mass sensor failed in the past and has failed again.

Phoned dealer who say the part is not in stock or available on back order.

It's the 1.3 D 75hp. Chevrolet say it should have 94516825 part number fitted. But it has 95023296 fitted when it went to the main dealer as there was a failure last year of the mass airflow sensor. 75000 on the clcok

Anyone else had a problem like this who can give me some advice

I have two part numbers 94516825 and 95023296. Second part number was fitted last year. The first part number was original Edited by: asg2006

·
Super Moderator
6,631 Posts
First advice when seeking a part is to give all the vehicle information or better still put your vehicle info in your 'footer' and it will automatically appear under your posts. Just the year plate doesnt always identify the variant ie engine size, manual/auto, etc. I'm rather going to assume it is a T300 model (??) and not late stock T250 registered late. Has the sensor actually failed or is it a poor (bent or corroded) pin connection in the connector or even vibration broken a wire into the connector? Unusual to have two fail in four years. Have you (carefully) removed it and used suitable evaporative cleaner and a gentle camel hair brush? (only use a brush if you can see debris the spray cleaner cannot dislodge).From a USA website it may be listed as a 'Sonic' . In the Australian market the Aveo is known as Holden 'Barina'. Parts link :- https://www.sparesbox.com.au/vehicles/holden/barina

Edit: I've had a look; does it look like this :-
https://www.sparesbox.com.au/search?q=Barina%20MAF&type=products

Note that the listings ask for engine type to verify suitability.

Good Luck with search.

Edited by: Aussie Ed

·
Registered
273 Posts
Well, If the dealer has none, get one from a parts supplier. For the 1.2 petrol seems to be available for £70-£90.Seems odd that it would fail so soon and to have done it previously. Have you tried cleaning it? You can soak them in EGR cleaner. Mine did not fail, but the "O" ring did, and while that was pennies, I got charged for the diagnostics.
As ever, leaving the exact model/engine/miles in the footer might get better results.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,
I have the same issue as asg2006. Looking to replace the airflow sensor on my French Chevrolet Aveo LTZ T300 1.3d manufactured in 2012. Both reference numbers have been discontinued, so I am looking for the cross reference number in AcDelco :)
Thanks
Laure

·
Super Moderator
6,631 Posts
Laure, Better entry here - Well done.
AC Delco have a parts lookup facility by VIN
Try this link:- ACDelco Parts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,
Coming back with great news: my chevy avea works completely fine again. Even though the error code was about MAF, it was not the MAF that was broken actually. The turbo pipe had two holes in it.
The steps I took to fix the car were 1) cleaning the MAF (didn't notice any change) and 2) change the turbo pipe (solved everything, I have driven 100 km since and no error message came back).
Have a great day,
Laure

1 - 6 of 6 Posts