Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I hope you are well, my problem with my Captiva is this:
I removed the car battery. Then I manually closed the car doors from inside, and only my door with key. After placing the battery in the car again, although the electronic controller moves the door sealer(black to red several times), the doors do not open.
I also tried to manually open them again from inside, but they do not open anymore, none of them even though the door sealer moves.

Thank you for your time. It will help me any advice from you.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a "door sealer"?

·
Super Moderator
6,876 Posts
Hello everyone! I hope you are well, my problem with my Captiva is this:
I removed the car battery. Then I manually closed the car doors from inside, and only my door with key. After placing the battery in the car again, although the electronic controller moves the door sealer(black to red several times), the doors do not open.
I also tried to manually open them again from inside, but they do not open anymore, none of them even though the door sealer moves.

Thank you for your time. It will help me any advice from you.
Robert, Lets go back to basics first. You have not completed your World location in your Sign-Up so we have no idea where in the world you are, added to which you have told us nothing about which year, Series or build of Captiva you have which may influence the replies.
How to complete your Sign-Up and add vehicle information is detailed in the following link which should assist you.
Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

As a quick thought to the problem, it sounds as if your keys and lock mechanism may have got out of synchronisation.
Make sure that your key fobs have good power in the batteries. It may assist if you disconnect the negative terminal on the battery and leave the vehicle for a couple of hours to 'discharge' any latent power. Have a look in your owners handbook and see if there is a section on key synchronisation and follow those instructions.

·
Super Moderator
6,876 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a "door sealer"?
Metro, My interpretation is the 'door sealer' is the 'rocker switch' and the colour shown on the internal door rocker indicating open or closed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts