Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The time has come to Choose my next car and it will be... Not a chevrolet, as there is no new large saloon. Good luck and Happy motoring to all!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Best of luck mate and thanks for all of the input over the past while.
As we say in Scotland, "Lang may yer lum reek!"

·
Super Moderator
7,469 Posts
bigiainw said:
Best of luck mate and thanks for all of the input over the past while.

As we say in Scotland, "Lang may yer lum reek!"

Echo that sentiment. Thanks Oldroverboy, be a loss not to have your wise input

Aussie Ed

·
Registered
82 Posts
Revised Cruze details on the Indian Website coming to UK Sept. I was sent tickets for Goodwod show for new Estate car but did not go as spec. still inferior to US. No TPMS,No knee airbag protection, No powered foldback door mirrors poor quality windscreen, No space saver spare wheel, Excessive fuel consumption. GM get knotted.UK Cruze is a rebadged Daewoo Lacetti Korean Krap.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, enjoyed Goodwood, but left about 2.30pm, too crowded and people still arriving and £5 for a bacon sandwich! Well, I'm with disbeliever, there is not even a space for a spacesaver, let alone a full size spare wheel, and that makes it a no-no for me, as will any other car that does not have space. the car looked ok, but the astra sw is prettier at the back, and i like the chevrolet front, but the astra one would be acceptable. leg room is good in both, but the low seating position puts me off, (i see your point about the instruments, disbeliever)( i had not noticed when i drove one in the middle east) this is where the epica still scores higher! Buying either would not pay full list price, that would be utter stupidity, but neither really fits the bill. The malibu 2.4 petrol i tried in the middle east fits the bill far better, but don't want that engine here. will go to look at a hyundai i40/kia optima soon, as get a discount on the i40 cos swmbo is NHS staff, but will look at other options too!

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you are a Blue Badge Holder, I am, you can get up to a £3k discount on a Hyundai, but not on a Kia so I do not know how they are going to sell Kia at its inflated prices. I am still very undecided as to what car to go for next, Quite like the new Toyota Yaris Hybrid has a space saver and plenty of room inside the car, 5 yr warranty 8 yrs on the battery, with cheap service but will probably wait until October.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Disbeliever said:
If you are a Blue Badge Holder, I am, you can get up to a £3k discount on a Hyundai, but not on a Kia so I do not know how they are going to sell Kia at its inflated prices. I am still very undecided as to what car to go for next, Quite like the new Toyota Yaris Hybrid has a space saver and plenty of room inside the car, 5 yr warranty 8 yrs on the battery, with cheap service but will probably wait until October.
Are you saying there is no space fpr a spare wheel in the boot of the Cruze Station Waggon there is space in the current Hatchback.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No space under the load area, just space for the boot cover, the net and the tin of gunge. puts the hatch and the sw out of the question!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bidderman1969 said:
oh no, dont leave us fella, we need you here!

what have you done with your Epica then?
1. you don't get rid of me THAT easily!
2.waiting for the man to come with the money!
But not in a rush if he doesn't.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Daniel said:
Sorry to see you go, good luck with whatever car you get next - keep us informed and with how it compares
Dan, any chance you can edit my topic, it was meant to be And it's Goodbye....

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, my excuse is that i have a new asus laptop and the keyboard is a bit to the left...
In spite of the best efforts of Chevrolet dealers when i bought the car it has turned out be good value, got 46mpg driving moderately early in the morning on the 250 miles down to goodwood, Our dealer here now inspires confidence, but no sign of the malibu, and the lack of space for a spare in the cruze is a serious concern for me. I will still avidly read the forum, and I must admit IT IS a friendly forum too! Car not sold yet though,, waiting for the money!

Edited by: Oldroverboy

·
Registered
82 Posts
current Cruze Hatchback & Saloons have space for space saver same as the latest Aveo (drum rear brakes) but I would not recommen anyone to buy one. Poor ride & fuel consumption ,high insurance, poor resale value but they do look nice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts