Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Just joined. My dad has had a captiva for a while now and i have jsut got a chevrolet kalos. Brillaint little car. Look forward to read all the post on here.

·
Registered
156 Posts
welcome To The Club hope you are enjoying your Kalos, this is a nice and friendly forum and you will get loads of help and advice on here.

Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'll just add my introduction to this thread as I'm the dad with the Captiva.

Its a 57 plate LTX (badged incorectly at the factory as an LTZ a designation used in South Africa before here) Its the diesel auto, now done 62000 miles. Serviced by dealers until put of warrenty and now serviced by myself. (just done cam belt, auxilliaty drive and discs and pads all round.

The ECU is re-programmed and it now has 185 Bhp and 400 Nm of tourque making it more drivable and has improved the economy. I notice the new Antara has a 2.2 that produces similar figures. As many of the discussion threads mention economy I can give this information as I have done enough journeys filling the tank from empty on all occasions where economy was measured. traveling at motorway speeds the auto diesel in standard form does arround 30 to 32 MPG, with the reprogramming it does 32 to 34. People doing mainly short journeys of perhaps 10 miles will get arround 28MPG but be warned it will often drop as it will regenerate the exhaust particulate filter more often and this is not always indicated by the light coming on this only happens if the filter is particularly blocked.

Hopefully that will help some but for me, after all the miles I've done from as far south as southern Austria via the Grossglockner pass to John O Groats its a pleasure to live with and I cant even be convinced to buy a new one asits like a comfortable old pair of slippers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts