Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, much as per this thread, Radiator replacement, my radiator has sprung a water feature at the top.

I note the OP ended up getting a garage to replace in the end, anyone recently had a successful go at it?

Also the first step of taking the front of the car off looks like a pia way to do it, was the design really so nuts for what on many other of my cars is an hour job at most?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay so being a bit scared off replacing the radiator by the thought of taking the front of the car apart, I went the lazy route. Spotted the leak was near the top of the radiator, made a little dam of play dough (thanks to my youngest) and poured in some super-steel. Water levels were still dropping so found a second leak further across the radiator - did the same thing with some super steel and the leaks now appear pretty much contained. Photo will follow.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I know this is a bodge, but hoping it lasts for a good few miles.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Wood Motor vehicle Tread

Light Automotive tire Wood Line Fixture

·
Super Moderator
7,918 Posts
It seems to be worth a try. The under lying question is whether the 'corrosion' was from the inside or more likely from external corrosion - noting that you are in Scotland which has a good amount of snow and ice necessitating in a lot of road salt & grit which is quite damaging.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts