Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm looking to get a 4x4 in the next 2 years and the Captiva is on the shortlist. Please can I draw on your experiences on what's good and not so good about your cars? Any advice will be most welcome.

I'm looking at the 7 seat 4x4 version if that helps.

Thanks

David

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi David,

I have a 2009 LT 7 Seater whichI got second hand. I love driving it and wouldn't want to change it for anything else. The extra 2 seats in the rear are a good size compared to other 7 seaters on the market and when these are folded away, the boot is a good size. The cars in my opinion come well equipped and there seems to be alot of good deals to be had on the Captiva.

My only concern is the fuel consumption, you will see from the forum this is one of the most discussed topics. People tend to be averaging about 30-35 miles per gallon on the manual gearbox. I tend to be getting 29-30mpg at the moment on urban runs.

Even with the fuel consumption, I would still buy the car again. There is an updated Captiva being release in spring 2011 with a new engine...maybe this one will have better fuel economy?

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Ambits said:
Hi David,

I have a 2009 LT 7 Seater whichI got second hand. I love driving it and wouldn't want to change it for anything else. The extra 2 seats in the rear are a good size compared to other 7 seaters on the market and when these are folded away, the boot is a good size. The cars in my opinion come well equipped and there seems to be alot of good deals to be had on the Captiva.

My only concern is the fuel consumption, you will see from the forum this is one of the most discussed topics. People tend to be averaging about 30-35 miles per gallon on the manual gearbox. I tend to be getting 29-30mpg at the moment on urban runs.

Even with the fuel consumption, I would still buy the car again. There is an updated Captiva being release in spring 2011 with a new engine...maybe this one will have better fuel economy?

Hope that helps.
What he said!. I have a 2008 LTX VCDi and it's great to drive, very comfortable, has great presence on the road, goes really well whenI make it and has bags of room inside. The consumption isn't startling, but then it's not a hybrid supermini and it isn't so ridiculous that I would swap the car for anything else. I reckon it's worth the small premium for the LTX over the LT for the leather interior and bigger wheels, especially if buying used.

Iain
Edited by: bigiainw

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for your advice, it's appreciated.

I think fuel consumption will be painful for me with any 4x4 I choose, coming from my focus zetec tdci which returns 55mpg. Comes with the territory though, which I accept.

I will be looking 2nd hand, so if there is anything in particular I should look for (other than the obligatory fsh), then that would be good to know too.

Thanks again and please keep your views and opinions coming. The more the better really :) Edited by: Held Captiva

1 - 4 of 4 Posts