Chevrolet Owners Club banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,786 Posts
themink said:
Wow Victor how do you know so much stuff. Great tip I will certainly try it as I was worried about it kinking .thanks

Although he doesnt tell us, I suspect he is (or was) a motor mechanic/engineer. Little give aways like photos of engines etc are not the sort of thing the average bod keeps on his computer unless connected with the industry in some way.
Whatever way you look at, it is this shared knowledge from folks like Victor, BEL, Scouse-Mafia etc along with our own individual 'little bits' (often learnt the hardway) that make this forum so useful.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I'm sure Victor did mention that he was a mechanic...perhaps even worked on the Antara??either way certainly worth picking up really good tips and advice on here from those that know.
the kinky hose (for want of a better phrase) is another good one

·
Registered
706 Posts
themink said:
Wow Victor how do you know so much stuff. Great tip I will certainly try it as I was worried about it kinking .thanks
The quicker alternative is winding a stainless steel spring up the inside of the hose to stop the walls from collapsing but I figured carbon from the exhaust would collect around the spring and eventually block the hose.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Wouldn't reinforced silicon hose also do the job ? I used this Samco one on my Rover Ti to replace the failed turbo coolant return to radhose (having originally used some fuel line as a bodge, which gradually failed over time as it wasn't designed to carry hot liquid).
It's not the cheapest hose out there, but a lot less than the quoted GM price, and a lot less fiddly for us mere mortals cf Victor

Samco completely flexible hose:

End pic showing laminated construction:

Construction includes metal wire,presumably tohelp maintain integrity under more extreme bending angles:

·
Registered
706 Posts
Well done Pinkie, don't see any reason why not - provided you can get it small enough. It needs to be 6mm and 8mm internal diameter.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Victor said:
Well done Pinkie, don't see any reason why not - provided you can get it small enough. It needs to be 6mm and 8mm internal diameter.
Yeah, that pipe in my photos is (was)available in a variety of diameters, can't recall the smallest. The 8mm you can see in the first photo refers tothe internal diameter. Other colours (were) available, I chose that BRGish colour to match the Epsom Green of the Rover (pearlescent BRG with gold flecks).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here are some pictures of the location of the split dpf pressure sensor hose which is attached to the dpf , there are two tubes one to sense inlet pressure and one to measure oulet pressure , on my vehicle only one hose was split , I then removed the spilt hose from the car ,one of the clips holding it in place was easy to get off by squeezing with a pair of pliers but the other had a strange clip which only came off by pulling it with brute force .I then replaced with some 8mm reinforced fuel line and put two jubilee clips either end , the cost was £6.30 for this and not £180 vauxhaul want for the entire system, If it does split again I still have 90cm left of fuel line to make many more repairs.
hope this helps someone with the same fault code I was getting , it has now cured this fault .

Any chance you still got the photos? Got the p2453 too and have no idea where to actually look for the hose :)

·
Registered
706 Posts
If you click on the Youtube link that the Mink gave in post #15 you'll see quite clearly. The DPF differential pressure sensor is mounted just to the left of the engine oil filter and the two pipes meet up there.

·
Super Moderator
6,786 Posts

·
Registered
Chevrolet Captiva 2.0 2010 4wd
3 Posts
Well I think i might have found the fault , one of the hoses going to the dpf has a 10mm split in it that would give wrong readings to the dpf sensor , so does anyone know where I can get one of these hoses from I've searched the net and can't find one and I bet its a special rated one to cope with heat from the dpf , on youtube theres a video of some mechanic fixing one on a Antara and he said the dealers sell it in one section which has all the metal pipes attached which is typical and he said it cost £180 well for a piece of 10" hose I do not wanna be paying that !!!!!but at least this will fix it ,, fingers crossed .
Did it look something like mine?

·
Super Moderator
6,786 Posts
Martyn, Any idea how long this had been in this condition? Is your vehicle a Series 1 or Series 2?

Please complete your Sign-Up with Location (the system has identified UK is this correct) and your vehicle details (both missing).
Helpful info for New Members on this link :-https://www.chevroletownersclub.co.uk/threads/helpful-guidance-using-the-forum.7141/

·
Registered
Chevrolet Captiva 2.0 2010 4wd
3 Posts
Martyn, Any idea how long this had been in this condition? Is your vehicle a Series 1 or Series 2?

Please complete your Sign-Up with Location (the system has identified UK is this correct) and your vehicle details (both missing).
Helpful info for New Members on this link :-https://www.chevroletownersclub.co.uk/threads/helpful-guidance-using-the-forum.7141/

Helpful info for New Members on this link :-https://

Chevrolet Captiva, 2010 2.0 diesel, manual.

Engine management light came on about two months ago on and off. Looked at this thread this morning and found my pipe like this. Replaced with fuel pipe, just got to turn my light off now with a help from a friend.

·
Super Moderator
6,786 Posts
Martyn, Okay, let us know after the DIC 'reset' if everything is solved.

We appear to be getting multiple entries from you. Have you had difficulty using the Forum or is it possibly to do with the 'modifications' which have apparently been made by Admin recently.
i'm trying to narrow down what is causing this.

·
Super Moderator
6,786 Posts
Martyn, Okay, at least you are upfront to say.
To help you. You can simply reply by going to the empty box under the live post. You only need to select Reply or Quote if you want to include previous discussion. its all a bit of experimentation.
Let us know how you get on after Reset.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts