Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My captiva actually STOPPED on a motorway. I had had it serviced literally a week before, and I told the RAC bloke this. His diagnosis was that the fuel pipe had become disconnected from the filter, and it was likely that it hadn't been 'clicked in properly when they replaced the filter in the service', as he managed to reconnect it absolutely fine. I took it back to where it had been serviced (a chevvy authorised place), and they kindly pointed out that it was a technical fault with these chevrolet parts, as they don't fit securely together. Personally I think they were trying to palm me off as they didn't want to admit it was their fault.In any case the service departmentreplaced the pipe and the filter and said they had registered it as a technical fault. But I can't believe that chevrolet would make parts that didn't fit 'securely together'. I would like to take this further but Idon't know how much backbone I would have against the service department. Has anyone else come across this or got any suggestions?
Many thanks!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Sorry, cant help with that, but I suspect your suspicions over the dealer not fitting it correctly in the first instance is spot on.

Of course you could just had a "dodgy" part, but this being a common fault seems a little wide of the mark to me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly, and what they fail to see is that if their pathetic excuse is correct, technically I could cut out on a motorway again..... and this time not be so lucky to get out alive. Believe me, I was so lucky I didnt have a load of cars stack it into the back of me!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Roobot said:
Exactly, and what they fail to see is that if their pathetic excuse is correct, technically I could cut out on a motorway again..... and this time not be so lucky to get out alive. Believe me, I was so lucky I didnt have a load of cars stack it into the back of me!
Scary thought and it's Halloween too!

Iain the undead!

·
Registered
380 Posts
There is a technical service bulletin that says that the fuel filter must be correctly fitted! not just the captiva but the epica too! (diesel models)
usual excuse for shoddy work!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok great thanks for that, will have a read up on that....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts