Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, as our new Captiva has a Spanish handbook and my Spanish is a bit crap, can you tell me what the ASP button does and how the hill descent works? When would you use it? As far as I know, ours is a 2 wheel drive (that's what the dealer told me) and I always thought something like that was a 4x4 kinda option.

Cheers

Rich

ps is there an online handbook anywhere or does anyone have one or would Chevrolet send us one d'yas think?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Off the top of my head the APS button is Air Purification Sysytem or somthing like that, use it when sat in traffic and it monitors the air and recycles it or brings fresh air in automatically. You would only use the hill descent on a steep gradient and it applies the brakes to control your speed.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for that Mr C!
I just noticed an hr or so ago whilst out to pick up the kids that it's APS not ASP..doh!
Is there a speed limit for the hill descent then? and how would you set it? Ta

·
Registered
997 Posts
As I remember it, it only works below 15 mph.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah yep Evo, true enough I will look out of interest although I imagine the dealer was correct. I guess the 2wheel drives have hill descent control too. Cheers all, for responses

·
Registered
652 Posts
I found Hill Descent brilliant in the snow...

Slow down (or preferably stop) before you decend the hill. Push the button, and check the indicator is lit on the dash. You then slowly drive down the decsent, basically by not accelorating or braking. The car will brake and keep a steady speed.

Switch off (press button) or accelorate away as it is suposed to disengage over 30mph (I think). I always press button to disengage, as 30 mph with it on seems high to me.

As I said, found it brilliant in the snow around the hills of South Wales.

Be ware that going down a hill if the speed increases, you will hear alot of noise. This is normal and the ABS engaging and disengaging to keep the speed down (ie. car auto braking).

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for that KL, I had a sneaky try the other day and it is noisy! Checked the manual again and with my limited Spanish I can see that it does indeed mention 50kph as the max speed which is about 30mph.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts