Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Our handbook shows the car as having auto door lock when you drive off and it says the setting is in the power door locks menu but on ours there is only auto door unlock and prevent door lock when door open. The manual does not even mention what the prevent door lock when door is open does, and it doesnt do what its name suggests as even with the setting off it still doesnt allow doors to lock when open.

Anyone know why we dont have the auto door lock option?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
My first thought is whether the handbook is a multi-application print. My Captiva handbook for exampleincludes items that are not applicable to my model. Are you you possibly trying to find an application thatsimply isnt included in your model. I am sure that Orlando owners will come forward with their explanation.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the book is def for multiple regions, but I did think it would have had this feature considering it has about 6 other door lock related options!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes my Orlando is the same and you have to put the locks on manually with the switch, but on my Auto when I engage Park the door locks come off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our Captiva (old model) didn't come with an auto door lock option. Now rather coincidentally, one time I managed to leave my keys inside the car and misplaced the spare. I was already out of warranty so I tried options outside of the dealership and looked at a locksmiths. Found a locksmiths Thamesmead near my place and the professionally got me into my Captiva - one conversation led to another - and the professionals told me that it was possible to get auto locks setup with minimal cost and effort. So took their advice and went to a trustworthy garage nearby and lo and behold, the locksmiths advice was spot on because the guys at the garage setup auto door locks for every time I went over 5mph - til this day it works like a charm. Thanks to the locksmith and the local garage who knew what he was doing and it only took 45mins.

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
Hi Bob, Interesting info. Do you mind me asking what was 'minimal cost'? If it's that quick, simple and inexpensive then I might consider finding someone locally to do it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm guessing it's a 'setting' that's accesible via the ODB port on the car.

I used to have the VW software which allowed you to tweek all sorts of settings. Bet there's something similair for GM group cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts