Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had problems with the drivers side electric window not automatically closing?

The window was working fine until yesterday when it stopped closing automatically. It will still close but I have to keep my finger on the switch.

It still opens automaticallybut I can't work out why this has happened. I thought there may have been some combination of buttons you press to enable or disable this function but cannot find any info in the manual or web.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Andrew

·
Registered
652 Posts
It doesnt automatically close..... does it ?

Mine has never closed automatically only open. I assumed this was the way it was designed, ie. to avoid trapping something in a closing window.

Please advise if it should auto close, as I will get mine sorted whilst my Warranty is still in place.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Mmmm. Mine opens but doesn't close. I presumed they were all like that. I shall investigate further...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My 2009 LT 7 seater definitely had automatic opening and closing until a few days ago.
In the manual it also mentions about automatic opening and closing windows but this is section is marked with a *(hence only available on some models).

When I get my car in for a service in January I will get them to look at it, I suspect the switch may be faulty.

·
Registered
652 Posts
What age and models are we talking about here....

I have a 2008 (Feb on 57 Plate) 2.0d LTX, which was top-spec when new.

This model, and backed up by handbook, clearly states that the Drivers Window is Auto Opening BUT NOT closing. This is a "safety" feature, to stop witless people chopping their heads off...

If yours, does Auto Close and the handbook refers to it, I suggest it must be a later model than mine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine is a 2009 (Jan. on 58 Plate) 2.0d LT, 7 seater. Bought it second hand but unfortunately couldn't afford the LTX.
I'm happy though, my other half nearly had me buy a 2007 Ford S-Max which was an older car, higher mileage and more money!!! I had a lucky escape :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have got a 2007 model captiva full extras and the drivers auto window goes up and downautomaticallyIboughtit in Malta 3 years ago thewarrantyruns out next month

·
Registered
32 Posts
From new my system has only auto opened and never auto closed.... interesting to think that it should have done this.

·
Registered
997 Posts
The 2008 and 2010 model year brochures list auto opening only- no mention of auto closing. It is a pain in the rump though!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi
Captiva LTZ 2010 the drivers window opens and closes with one shot, If your window opens with one shot it should close the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2010 Captiva LT has just developed a problem where the window doesn't close on the up and hits the topand then lowers back to 1/2 way up..if i keep my finger on the switch until it goes full way up (after a couple of tries) it will then stay up !!

any ideas ?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Sounds like it thinks it's hitting an object and activating the anti-trap mechanism.

Unfortunately I don't know how this system works on the Captiva.

I would imagine you'll need to get door card off and have a look at what's goin on in there.

·
Super Moderator
6,683 Posts
Before you start pulling the door panel or switch unit out of the door try raising the window all the way up and, with the window in the fully up position, hold the switch up for 10 seconds. This may allow the setting to be re-calibrated. If it doesnt work first time try again and extend the 'button up' hold time to 15 seconds.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Would "sticky" channel guides affect performance ?

Personally I give all the glass channel guides a squirt of silicon lubricant after every wash (lesson learned from a previous car prone to bending/breaking the window mech if the glass caught/stuck in the channel guides).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts