Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, anyone know where can I find a replacement oil filter for an Aveo 1.2 LT 2012 model in the UK please.
Everywhere I tried the sizing is off by 10mm…..
Old filter is a Blue Print adg02147 5aaa (black one in the picture).
Musical instrument Wood Wood stain Hardwood Gas

·
Super Moderator
7,658 Posts
Zyco, You can search the internet using parts finder functions. You dont state the size of the filter you need - only that it's 10mm different.
Try the Bilstein Parts Finder. https://partsfinder.bilsteingroup.com/en/search?t=a&q=2012+Aveo+Oil+filter

Sign-Up was incomplete. The Forum system believes you might be UK located. The following link has Guidance on using the Forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The black filter measures at 85mm.
I tried all the conventional parts finders and they all recommend the yellow filter in the pic which isn’t the same size.

·
Registered
922 Posts
It looks to me as if the BluePoint filter has been crushed by overtightening. These filters only need to be tightened to about 25 - 27 Nm and it's very easy to over-tighten.

·
Super Moderator
7,658 Posts
It looks to me as if the BluePoint filter has been crushed by overtightening. These filters only need to be tightened to about 25 - 27 Nm and it's very easy to over-tighten.
Victor, I wondered this but it appears to have been symmetrically twisted which may have been the result of the turning motion of the cap.
Maybe Zyco could wrap the new filter in cling film (to keep it clean if he needs to return it) and just try the 'new' one for size without crushing.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hello, anyone know where can I find a replacement oil filter for an Aveo 1.2 LT 2012 model in the UK please.
Everywhere I tried the sizing is off by 10mm…..
Old filter is a Blue Print adg02147 5aaa (black one in the picture). View attachment 2190
If this is a standard T300 1.2Lt Aveo engine the filter insert height is around 106mm. A Blue Print oil filter with reference ADG02147 has a height of 106.5mm. It does look as though the black filter insert has been crushed when fitted. In your position I would look for something trapped in the filter housing or the plastic cover. Perhaps a filter base has separated and is stuck in the housing. Let us know how you get on sorting this upset.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had another go at it today and the larger filter actually fitted this time. Too bad I couldn't get it in the first time round as I had to run the car with the new oil.
Managed to replace the air filter and cabin filter and then spark plugs left to do.

·
Super Moderator
7,658 Posts
Thanks for the update.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts