Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks just changed from 2009 Aveo to 2012 (62 Jan) Aveo and there is a slot just under the infotainment system ( the radio) it's about 2 to 3 inches long and about 1/4 inch wide ?? As a family we must be thick !! Really I confused as to what it's for. Any ideas

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
It’s for credit cards
I wouldnt leave my credit card in a visible slot where someone can smash a side window and take it.
Goes to show that even after five and a half years posts can still get a reply. Just need to be patient.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I hate threads like this. Wasted time over breakfast looking at old Aveo/Sonic brochures and pictures to see if I could establish a definitive answer, but could not.
On balance, I reckon it is for smartcard/magnetic strip type cards for private parking garages, since it's inclusion predates the widespread use of NFC. It's not unlike the transparent clip that VAG cars have in the window for tickets.
You could of course leave an expired card in there to use as an ice scraper....

·
Registered
Aveo 2012 diesel T300
2 Posts
Hi folks just changed from 2009 Aveo to 2012 (62 Jan) Aveo and there is a slot just under the infotainment system ( the radio) it's about 2 to 3 inches long and about 1/4 inch wide ?? As a family we must be thick !! Really I confused as to what it's for. Any ideas
Card holder..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts