Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
thanks for letting me join -
we have an aveo thats baffled the mechanics
the fault code is poo97 - the dealership I bought it from (new) doeen't want to even help at all !!
can anyone please help ?
2013 diesel t300

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hi alice pixie welcome. The DTC [diagnostic trouble code] P0097 refers to a temperature sensor that measures the intake air. It should be a relatively easy repair for a competent garage. Why not take your vehicle to another repairer. In passing if you quote the code over a phone it contains 2 zeros and not the letter "o". Good Luck.

·
Registered
385 Posts
It would be helpful if you filled in your footer, or at least told us the age and engine capacity of your Aveo.

Jasta is correct, and most online sources will point you or your mechanic to look at the mass airflow sensor first (It's combined with the air intake temperature on the 1.2 Aveo)

Certainly on the 1.2, the sensor is downstream of the EGR/crankcase ventilation system, and mine gets frequently oiled up as a result, so get a clean at service time.

·
Super Moderator
7,112 Posts
Alice, Metro has pipped me to the post (I had half a day off) in requesting vehicle info.
It is extremely important to provide all details about your vehicle because there can be a variety of 'builds & engines' over the years of the same name of vehicle.
As a new Forum Member the following link provides tips on using the Forum which includes adding vehicle info and your World location (the Forum system believes you to be UK based). Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

I've picked up on your comment where you say the code 'has baffled mechanics' (implying plural). Apart from your original dealer where else have you taken this vehicle? This is not usually a baffling code to identify and resolve unless there is more history we need to know about. If there is please tell us.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts