Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today we finally made it to our first 100,000 miles, at just over 10 years since registration. Disappointing that we had to have the cylinder head off a few months ago, but hey, that's cars for you.

Reactions: jasta

·
Super Moderator
7,219 Posts
Metro...... Well Done.
I cant help noticing that the photo apparently shows you doing 55mph, 2,500 rpm with engine management & ABS lamps illuminated! :)

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ed, you are NEARLY correct. The GPS speedo, top right, is showing 54MPH.

I am using 185/55 tyres, on 15" rims, so an overall diameter of 23.0118". Final drive ratio is 4.048:1, and 5th gear ratio is 0.780:1

Using this calculator:

With the above figures suggests that the engine should be doing 2489.53 RPM. Picture shows it to be a needle width under 2500, so all is good! (I was going uphill at the time, definitely no slippy clutch).

EML is always on, clean burning gas so the oxygen sensors either side of the cat see no differential so think something is up, even when it is not.

ABS. Front sensors checked and good, not checked the rears yet! ABS does work though, checked it on a clear road.

Besides, ABS is not on my MEL ;)

·
Super Moderator
7,219 Posts
Hi Metro, Yes I realised the EML was due to your 'LPGas' and sensors which you've mentioned previously.
So long as the 'anchors' work when it needs to then all is well.
That is some achievement for a small modern car to clock up 100,000 miles. (Okay I know there are exceptions).
As a sales rep many years ago I'd cover between 35,000 to 50,000 miles in a year. The 'wear' was more on the person than the vehicle !! Now I chug along in our Motorhome or potter to the local shops in my little Suzuki Ignis.
I have registration plate OL04ART (OLD FART) on retention and the rate the years are going by I'll be allocating it to a vehicle before long! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts