·
Registered
Chevrolet Aveo 1.2 UK 2012
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Grateful for some advice please.

I have an Aveo Uk 2012 1.2 petrol.

The power steering pump was leaking last year, I took it to the garage and was advised that it needed replacing, apparently you can’t mend seals on them.
So I managed to find a pump from a salvage £60 it was fitted and all was good, a little over 12 months on, I have the same issue and again advised I need a new pump..

I am wondering have I just been unlucky?

Is this a common fault with these cars?

Does anyone know where I can have the pump reconditioned and the leak fixed in the North West?

·
Super Moderator
7,470 Posts
Try typing 'Power Steering pump reconditioning' into your search engine (ie Google or similar) and narrow down firms in your area from there.

Although you have given your vehicle details and general location, it would help if you completed this info in the appropriate Sign-Up sections specifically for this purpose. Help on 'fine tuning' your Sign-Up can be found on the following link:-

Reactions: AVEO2012

·
Registered
Chevrolet Aveo 1.2 UK 2012
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try typing 'Power Steering pump reconditioning' into your search engine (ie Google or similar) and narrow down firms in your area from there.

Although you have given your vehicle details and general location, it would help if you completed this info in the appropriate Sign-Up sections specifically for this purpose. Help on 'fine tuning' your Sign-Up can be found on the following link:-
Do you know of the power steering pumps going on the Aveo is a common problem?

·
Super Moderator
7,470 Posts
I have no personal knowledge as I havent owned an Aveo. The Forum Back Index (available via the Forum Search function) is there for you read and there are very few references to power steering - noting that there are only a small number of Aveo Owners on this Forum.
On a wider knowledge base You can also use the Internet for researching this question.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts