Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2012 1.2 Aveo Hatch
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. The joy of these Aveos beside a complete lack of easy parts purchasing has been odd little things going wrong. I've worked on my own cars for 20 years now and few things stump me, but this has.

Two problems i think are related:

The radio on occasion seems to 'reset' mid journey and i think coincidentally, when the lights are on. The backlight does not come on when it resets. I thought it was a simple backlight failure but if connected to Bluetooth, is disconnects / reconnects leading me to know its a reset. The lack of backlight then stays until the car is reset.

Secondly sometimes the radio does not automatically turn off when the car is off and the drivers door is opened. It maybe does go off after around 30 seconds which is when i presume the main relay resets.

Has anyone experienced this before and found a solution? I presume these cars have a kind of CANBUS as you get notifications for things like bust bulbs etc, and it seems the radio isn't just fed from a simple switched live, which I'm considering putting in as a solution.

Failing that ill be fitting an aftermarket CD player instead i think.

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
Member Metro1000 is our guru on this subject. I'm sure he will suggest something.
Meanwhile on a similar topic you may get some enlightenment from the following post read entry #9

1 - 2 of 2 Posts