Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all
i have just purchased a Chevrolet Aveo 2009 model.
it came with two keys, one having the remote locking. The lights did not come on, on the key fob, so I replaced the battery and the lights on the key fob now come on.
However, it still doesn’t lock/unlock the doors remotely.
anybody have any ideas please.
cheers
ian

·
Super Moderator
7,992 Posts
Hi Surfncanoe, I'm reading possibly you meant to type 'doesnt' lock/unlock.
Door/key locking problems are well discussed (the Advanced Search function will locate previous topic discussions).
The following link has numerous entries, have a read through and the solution may well be there.
Search results for query: key locking problems

The following link has general helpful hints & tips on using the forum including how to complete your Sign-Up.

·
Registered
T250 2dr. 1.2 lpg
528 Posts
Does the central locking work if you physically put the key into the door and turn it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Surfncanoe, I'm reading possibly you meant to type 'doesnt' lock/unlock.
Door/key locking problems are well discussed (the Advanced Search function will locate previous topic discussions).
The following link has numerous entries, have a read through and the solution may well be there.
Search results for query: key locking problems

The following link has general helpful hints & tips on using the forum including how to complete your Sign-Up.
Thank you. I had gone right through previous posts and could not find an answer to my query.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hi Surfncanoe. The receiver for the keyless entry system has wiring that is fuse protected. Have you checked the vehicle fuse holders for missing or failed fuses? When you use the key fob to activate the keyless entry do your indicators flash to show communication with the receiver?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Surfncanoe. The receiver for the keyless entry system has wiring that is fuse protected. Have you checked the vehicle fuse holders for missing or failed fuses? When you use the key fob to activate the keyless entry do your indicators flash to show communication with the receiver?
Hi Jasta
Thank you for your time with trying to help me with this.
When I use the key fob, the indicators do NOT come on. I have had a look at the fuse area. Would you happen to know which fuse it would be. Is it simply the 15A Door lock one? There EMS, SDM etc.
many thanks

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hi again. It is usual to remove fuses and check continuity using a multi meter set to Ohm scale. Have you done any checks on existing fuses? As well as issues with fuses are there any services in the vehicle that are not working such as boot or interior light and perhaps cluster illumination?

·
Registered
T250 2dr. 1.2 lpg
528 Posts
When you press the remote control to open or close the doors, do the indicators flash?

The fuse that powers the door locks in on the internal block at the end of the dashboard on the drivers side (Fuse 14, 15A, helpfully marked "door lock", bottom row, 4th from the left), removing it removes power to the door lock motors. Pulling any of the anti-theft system/ immobiliser fuses ( or them being blown) will of course immobilise the car, which is not the case.

However the door lock controller is also linked to the anti theft module, so in normal operation, pressing the key buttons will open and close the doors AND set/unset the alarm, because the anti-theft module activates and de-activates the door lock motors. This is why if you close the doors with the remote key, but then open them with the non-remote key, the alarm will go off, but if it was locked with the manual key, it will not. Try the above sequence.

No central locking, but flashing indicators and working alarm are indicative of a failed or missing Fuse 14, the wiring diagram makes this very easy to see.

The Aveo central locking system is VERY sensitive to low battery voltage (the main vehicle battery). Even if the car still starts fine, a low battery, (think 12.5v rather than 13.5v) will cause the central locking to become very "chattery" or fail to lock at all. In these circumstances, pulling the fuse 14 will allow you to carry on using the car and alarm albeit using the key manually.

If you only just got the car, you should check the main battery voltage, check the fuse, and check the sequence above for any of us to be able to help. Note that the original battery fitted at the factory was "Delkor" battery, mine lasted 11 years and survived 2 lots of long term storage, it was still capable of starting the car, but was changed due to the above problem.

Check all the above and report back.

Obviously, your next port of call would be the door lock relays......but you say that the central locking works when the manual key is used?

Rectangle Schematic Slope Font Parallel
Rectangle Schematic Slope Font Parallel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts